Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?
Author Message
 Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?

Hi,

Anybody know of a third party template or have any ideas how to
implement a better vertical scroll bar?  I feel inferior to other
programmers (non-clarion).

--
regards,

chris

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?
Hi Chris,
As Topspeed has not reacted yet to your question in the subject
of your email I fear that there will no hope for the near future
for a better vertical scroll bar.
Over all releases of Clarion the behaviour of the vertical scroll
bar has maintained it own identity.
It makes you stand out above non clarion programmers and there
is no need to feel inferior to other programmers.
I believe that the vertical scroll bar works when it is on a non mdi
window and/or when the window is not maximized.
I believe that Arnor will be able to tell you more in detail in
which situation you can have the scroll bar work correctly.
Don't feel inferior but keep praying that Topspeed may find time
very soon to look in the behaviour of the vertical scroll bar. I know
that its behaviour has been brought numerous time to the attention of
Topspeed.
Regards,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

> Hi,

> Anybody know of a third party template or have any ideas how to
> implement a better vertical scroll bar?  I feel inferior to other
> programmers (non-clarion).

> --
> regards,

> chris

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?
Hello Russel,
You're completely right that this problem should
be brought to the attention of Topspeed in the
aproppiate tsnews newsgroups.
Hope that Chris will do so!
Thanks,
Marius Luidens

Quote:
> Hi Marius!

> Just about all TS folks are monitoring the tsnews newsgroups.
> Comp.lang.clarion has turned into a big melting pot of all versions (have
> yet to see and DOS 1.0 articles <g>), so it is hard and time consuming to
> find good suggestions, questions, etc from the thread drifts, spam postings
> etc.

> Tsnews has been organized into logical newsgroups, so it it very easy to
> find what one is interested in.

> So it would be very rare that an employee in an official capacity would
> reply to something posted here.  IOW, the real action is on tsnews <bg>.
> Me?  I'm not official, just a volunteer <g>

> Suggest that Chris post his request on tsnews (and anyone else for that
> matter).  I think you will get much better results.

> --
> Russell B. Eggen
> Topspeed Corporation
> reggenATtopspeedDOTcom

> >Hi Chris,
> >As Topspeed has not reacted yet to your question in the subject
> >of your email I fear that there will no hope for the near future
> >for a better vertical scroll bar.

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?
Chris,

Quote:

> Subject: Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?
> Anybody know of a third party template or have any ideas how to
> implement a better vertical scroll bar?  I feel inferior to other
> programmers (non-clarion).

Use C5 and specify the browse to be 'File' loaded and not 'Page' loaded.

Brian Staff (Phoenix) - Team TopSpeed [CW]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any Hope for a better Vertical Scroll Control?
But only if it's a small file!!

Al

Quote:

> Use C5 and specify the browse to be 'File' loaded and not 'Page' loaded.

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListBox Vertical Scroll Bar

2. Vertical Scroll Bar in Tree Inop?

3. Vertical Scroll Bar in Tree Inop?

4. Help, vertical scroll not coming up

5. Vertical Scroll bar not showing up.

6. Vertical Scroll bar in File Loaded Browse with IMM attribute

7. vertical scroll bar problem

8. c4b Clarion: Vertical scroll bar on partially filled list

9. CW2.002: Marking and Vertical Scroll Barsa

10. Vertical scroll bar on forms

11. Vertical Scroll Thumb position PROBLEM on browse CW2002

12. Vertical Scroll bar help