ENTER=TAB on the memo field, 2nd time
Author Message
 ENTER=TAB on the memo field, 2nd time

Hi all!

Several weeks ago I have sent the following message to cw-talk and get
no response!

Does anybody know solution for this!

******* OLD MESSAGE *******

Hi all!

I'm using ENTER=TAB extension template for my forms and it works fine,
but I
want it to perform different when the memo field is selected.
Namely, when I press Enter on the ordinary field (text, number etc.)
next
field is selected. When I press Enter on the OK button, record is
saved and
form window is closed.
So, I want to change behaviour of the Enter key when I enter data in
the
memo field. I want to go to the new line of the memo, not on the next
field.
When I finish with memo I want to press some other key (ie.
Ctrl+Enter) to
go to the next field.

How to do it?

Here are source of the Enter = Tab extension template:

#EXTENSION (Enter_Tab_Extension, 'Enter=Tab Interface for Form
Procedure'),PROCEDURE
#AT (%AcceptLoopBeforeFieldHandling)
   #FOR (%Control)
    #IF (EXTRACT(%ControlStatement, 'DEFAULT'))
     IF Field() <> 0
       IF Field() >= %Control
          Alias(EnterKey,EnterKey)
       Else
          Alias(EnterKey,TabKey)
       End!IF Focus() = %Control
     End!IF Field() <> 0
     #BREAK
    #ENDIF
   #ENDFOR
#ENDAT
#AT(%ControlPreEventHandling,%Control,%ControlEvent),WHERE(%ControlUse)
 #?Alias(EnterKey,EnterKey)
#ENDAT
#AT(%ControlPostEventHandling,%Control,%ControlEvent),WHERE(%ControlUse)
 #?Alias(EnterKey,TabKey)
#ENDAT
#AT(%EndOfProcedure)
  Alias(EnterKey,EnterKey)
#ENDAT

Thanks!

Regards,
        Miroslav

Miroslav Benak, BScEE                     Zagreb, Croatia
Computer Consultant

Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ENTER=TAB on the memo field, 2nd time

Hi Miroslav,

Not much help I'm afraid, but when I ran into this problem I decided it
wasn't worth the time and effort to fix it when I could get DOSKEY from
Greg palmer for $25 and it would work on browses too.

regards,
chris

Quote:

> Hi all!

> Several weeks ago I have sent the following message to cw-talk and get
> no response!

> Does anybody know solution for this!

> ******* OLD MESSAGE *******

> Hi all!

> I'm using ENTER=TAB extension template for my forms and it works fine,
> but I
> want it to perform different when the memo field is selected.
> Namely, when I press Enter on the ordinary field (text, number etc.)
> next
> field is selected. When I press Enter on the OK button, record is
> saved and
> form window is closed.
> So, I want to change behaviour of the Enter key when I enter data in
> the
> memo field. I want to go to the new line of the memo, not on the next
> field.
> When I finish with memo I want to press some other key (ie.
> Ctrl+Enter) to
> go to the next field.

> How to do it?

> Here are source of the Enter = Tab extension template:

> #EXTENSION (Enter_Tab_Extension, 'Enter=Tab Interface for Form
> Procedure'),PROCEDURE
> #AT (%AcceptLoopBeforeFieldHandling)
>    #FOR (%Control)
>     #IF (EXTRACT(%ControlStatement, 'DEFAULT'))
>      IF Field() <> 0
>        IF Field() >= %Control
>           Alias(EnterKey,EnterKey)
>        Else
>           Alias(EnterKey,TabKey)
>        End!IF Focus() = %Control
>      End!IF Field() <> 0
>      #BREAK
>     #ENDIF
>    #ENDFOR
> #ENDAT
> #AT(%ControlPreEventHandling,%Control,%ControlEvent),WHERE(%ControlUse)
>  #?Alias(EnterKey,EnterKey)
> #ENDAT
> #AT(%ControlPostEventHandling,%Control,%ControlEvent),WHERE(%ControlUse)
>  #?Alias(EnterKey,TabKey)
> #ENDAT
> #AT(%EndOfProcedure)
>   Alias(EnterKey,EnterKey)
> #ENDAT

> Thanks!

> Regards,
>         Miroslav

> Miroslav Benak, BScEE                     Zagreb, Croatia
> Computer Consultant

Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memo field, using enter key and tab key.

2. Enter = Tab on the memo field

3. How do I enter a Memo field?

4. How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields

5. Date and Time Stamp a memo field

6. Inserting date & time stamp in memo field

7. Date & Time stamping memo fields

8. Problem with hot field display of a memo field

9. How to find when the enter key pressed in a memo

10. ::: TAB / ENTER :::

11. ENTER vs TAB

12. Problem:Want ENTER key in form to act as TAB key