cw and excel
Author Message
 cw and excel

hi all,

I'd like to use Excel to give the user the ability to take some stats ,
manipulte them
and print some graphs.

The example works fine for a starting point, I launch Excel and then
I'm a little stuck.

Some of the functions seem disabled, like the print button on the
toolbar
 for instance.

What are all the steps I should follow to do something like this?

Are there any other parameters I must send trhu to Excel?

When I tried this in VB all the toolbar functions seem enabled.
Does VB do some init stuff automatically, and must I do these init stuff
from CW,
and if yes where do I find the info on what is available?

Any advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,
Johan

Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 cw and excel

Quote:
>Some of the functions seem disabled, like the print button on the
>toolbar
> for instance.
>What are all the steps I should follow to do something like this?
>Are there any other parameters I must send trhu to Excel?
>When I tried this in VB all the toolbar functions seem enabled.
>Does VB do some init stuff automatically, and must I do these init stuff
>from CW,
>and if yes where do I find the info on what is available?
>Any advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly
>appreciated.

Johan,

  I haven't used VB but with some other stuff that I have done via
DDE, I have found what the parameters were from the other product's
documentation or helpfile.  We have done this successfully with
Quattro Pro.  The only problem with using OLE instead of DDE is
memory requirements of OLE and Microsoft products. If you want them
to run well, you need at least 16 meg of memory otherwise they could
be very slow.  DDE works much quicker in lower memory machines.

HTH's

Mike Gould

| Michael Gould
| TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
| Team TopSpeed - Internet

| CIS   :  71756,3176

Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 cw and excel

Quote:
> I'd like to use Excel to give the user the ability to take some stats
> , manipulte them
> and print some graphs.

> The example works fine for a starting point, I launch Excel and then
> I'm a little stuck.

> Some of the functions seem disabled, like the print button on the
> toolbar
> for instance.

> What are all the steps I should follow to do something like this?

In my few experiments...

?olecontrol{Prop:DoVerb} = 1

will give you access to all the menus in the ole control.

!^NavFont02F01F80008QH9CHHF9BE96

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW 2.0 and DDE-Excel

2. Printing Word/Excel from a CW app

3. Excel internal format & CW

4. CW -> EXCEL Syntax

5. OLE with Excel (CW 2.003)

6. Using DDE:s CW / Excel

7. realbasic to excel/realbasic vers excel

8. how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit

9. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

10. after opening an excel doc with actve X, crashes when calling excel again

11. Using Win32OLE with Excel leaves Excel process hanging

12. Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?