Annoying Little Problem
Author Message
 Annoying Little Problem

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hello:

I am having an annoying little problem with CW and have not found what's
causing this.  Apparently when you open an app, a cwtemp*.* file is
created.  The problem is that it is being created in my DOS directory
and the files aren't always removed so the number of  files is
increasing in the DOS directory which means doing a del cwtemp*.*.

How can I tell the program to create these files elsewhere?

Craig

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Annoying Little Problem

                       - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

>                       - - - - - - - - - -
>Hello:

>I am having an annoying little problem with CW and have not found what's
>causing this.  Apparently when you open an app, a cwtemp*.* file is
>created.  The problem is that it is being created in my DOS directory
>and the files aren't always removed so the number of  files is
>increasing in the DOS directory which means doing a del cwtemp*.*.

>How can I tell the program to create these files elsewhere?

>Craig

        In your autoexec.bat file, add the line

set temp = c:\temp

of course you need a temp directory, then it will dump all your temp files
in there for easy cleanup.

 Larry Hotchkiss.

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Annoying Little Problem

Craig,

In your autoexec, what is yuor TEMP directory set to?

I have a directory called TEMP, and in my autoexec, I have
Set TEMP = C:\temp

Thanks
Eric

--
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Annoying Little Problem

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks to everyone who responded.  Sometimes I can't see the forest for
the trees.

Craig

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. BRL Cabaret now much less annoying

2. 1 little, 2 little, 3 little endians...

3. Annoying problem

4. Annoying DIRECTORY() Problem

5. VRML tower crane / annoying ProximitySensor problem

6. [Not urgent] Annoying problem regarding invalid keys.

7. Annoying problem with php and mysql

8. Really, really annoying problem

9. Annoying problem with rexec

10. Annoying problem...