Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration
Author Message
 Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration

Hi everybody,

I have some crazy idea about creating procedure template which would
create export file in 4-5 standard formats based on a View that is used
in some procedure. As I would like it to be reusable, I would like to
know is it possible to write procedure that works with generic View and
then pass View as parameter to it (which is possible if I read it
correctly in Language reference). So my question would be: How to get
fields from such generic view and how to make database (DBASE format or
so) at runtime without knowing what record declaration it will have? Is
it possible?

I would like to hear your opinion on this subject.

Best regards,
Alex

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 04:31:18 GMT
 Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration
Alex,

Quote:
> correctly in Language reference). So my question would be: How to get
> fields from such generic view and how to make database (DBASE format or
> so) at runtime without knowing what record declaration it will have? Is
> it possible?

With this you can create dynamic groups, views, queues, and files.

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:51:08 GMT
 Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration
Hi

Quote:
> Hi everybody,

> I have some crazy idea about creating procedure template which would
> create export file in 4-5 standard formats based on a View that is used
> in some procedure. As I would like it to be reusable, I would like to
> know is it possible to write procedure that works with generic View and
> then pass View as parameter to it (which is possible if I read it
> correctly in Language reference). So my question would be: How to get
> fields from such generic view and how to make database (DBASE format or
> so) at runtime without knowing what record declaration it will have? Is
> it possible?

> I would like to hear your opinion on this subject.

> Best regards,
> Alex

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:45:24 GMT

1. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

2. Controller/View question (dealing with view bounds)

3. View Position relative to Parent View

4. Viewing (or *not* viewing) .wrl files with NS3.0b5

5. Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View

6. Orthogonal view / 2D view

7. C++/Views: A Model-View-Controller Library for C++

8. VIEW a Record with children

9. Browse View Records!

10. count number of records in view?

11. How to view process or report a sub-set of records from a file

12. Delete record in open view