Scroll bars on browse box'es 
Author Message
 Scroll bars on browse box'es

Why can't I get the scroll bars to automaticaly scroll through the browse
list when I drag it downwards ?

I managed this once when I did the whole filling of the list manually, but
whenever it is a template generated browse, the browse is updated only after
I release the scroll box.

Anyone ?

Kind regards,

Morten F. Thomsen
Senior Systemutvikler
daTax Software AS
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Scroll bars on browse box'es

Morten

Have you tried checking the Immediate property on the list control? This has an
effect on the vertical scroll bar.

Regards Duncan



Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Scroll bars on browse box'es

Quote:

> Why can't I get the scroll bars to automaticaly scroll through the browse
> list when I drag it downwards ?

> I managed this once when I did the whole filling of the list manually, but
> whenever it is a template generated browse, the browse is updated only after
> I release the scroll box.

> Anyone ?

> Kind regards,

> Morten F. Thomsen
> Senior Systemutvikler
> daTax Software AS
> http://www.datax.no/

Hi Morten!

As far as I understand your problem, you want your browse to scroll
through the data file immediatly on dragging the scroll thumb. I don't
think this is possible at all when using the browse template, because
this template always only fills the number of records into the browse
queue that can be displayed at once. That's why it is called a 'page
loaded' browse. What the template code does when you drag the thumb,
than release it is to reload a browse page that matches the estimated
file position of the scroll thumb.
When, as you mentioned above, you load ALL file entries at once into
the browse queue instead, the scrolling is done automatically by the
runtime system that handles the listbox control. But this is an
inappropriate technique if the file contains a lot of records.

--
Regards,
                 -------------------------------------

                 -------------------------------------



Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Scroll bars on browse box'es

Quote:
>Why can't I get the scroll bars to automaticaly scroll through the browse
>list when I drag it downwards ?

>I managed this once when I did the whole filling of the list manually, but
>whenever it is a template generated browse, the browse is updated only after
>I release the scroll box.

Is Actions, Scroll Bar Behaviour set to Fixed Thumb Perhaps.  Try setting it
to movable thum, Alpha

Regards,
John
----------------------------------------------------------------
P.O. Box 102 032 North Shore Mail Center, Auckland New Zealand
Fax:64-9-378 0430

----------------------------------------------------------------



Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Scroll bars on browse box'es

Quote:
>Have you tried checking the Immediate property on the list control? This has an
>effect on the vertical scroll bar.

Yes - And I have specified Movable Thumb - Alpha.

The box moves, and the list updates - but the update is done AFTER I release
the box, and not immediatly like it should when the box is moved.

Kind regards,

Morten F. Thomsen
Senior Systemutvikler
daTax Software AS
http://www.datax.no/



Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Scroll bars on browse box'es

Quote:
>As far as I understand your problem, you want your browse to scroll
>through the data file immediatly on dragging the scroll thumb. I don't
>think this is possible at all when using the browse template, because
>this template always only fills the number of records into the browse
>queue that can be displayed at once. That's why it is called a 'page
>loaded' browse. What the template code does when you drag the thumb,
>than release it is to reload a browse page that matches the estimated
>file position of the scroll thumb.
>When, as you mentioned above, you load ALL file entries at once into
>the browse queue instead, the scrolling is done automatically by the
>runtime system that handles the listbox control. But this is an
>inappropriate technique if the file contains a lot of records.

Is there some way of avoiding to use a Page Loaded browse list ?

This type of behaviour is not regular Windows type.  I have used MS Access a
lot, and whenever I drag the scroll box to the bottom, it reads another
page.  Thereby beeing able to update the scrolling on the fly (so to speak).  

Do you know why it is done differently in Clarion ?

Kind regards,

Morten F. Thomsen
Senior Systemutvikler
daTax Software AS
http://www.datax.no/



Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Total Box on a browse with scroll bars

2. scroll bar of thw browse doesn't work

3. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

4. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

5. Scroll bars(?) and dialog boxes

6. Scroll Bars on List Box

7. set scroll bar position list box

8. Vertical Scroll bar in File Loaded Browse with IMM attribute

9. scroll bars missing in browse

10. scroll bar and page loaded browse

11. BROWSE BOX SCROLLING

12. Scrolling through BROWSE box

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software