Update of Parent Form from Child
Author Message
 Update of Parent Form from Child

I have a regular template browse with a regular template parent form
that has its children on tabs next to the parent form tab. Regular
stuff. On the parent form there are a couple of fields that are summary
totals of one of the child tabs, which is a browse. After clicking on
the the child tab, then clicking on the row that I want to edit, I make
changes to the child form, which updates the child browse fine. But then
how do I update the parent form with the new summary info when I click
on parent tab? If I OK out of the updateParent record and go back to the
browse then back into the record I can see the updated info.

Thanks for any info.

John E Singer

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:35:29 GMT
 Update of Parent Form from Child
John,

These total are automatically calculated?
Usually the totals are calculated before the ResetfromView's parent call.
Check this method to achieve what you want.

--
Regards,
Bruno Cippitelli

Quote:
> I have a regular template browse with a regular template parent form
> that has its children on tabs next to the parent form tab. Regular
> stuff. On the parent form there are a couple of fields that are summary
> totals of one of the child tabs, which is a browse. After clicking on
> the the child tab, then clicking on the row that I want to edit, I make
> changes to the child form, which updates the child browse fine. But then
> how do I update the parent form with the new summary info when I click
> on parent tab? If I OK out of the updateParent record and go back to the
> browse then back into the record I can see the updated info.

> Thanks for any info.

> John E Singer

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:52:46 GMT
 Update of Parent Form from Child

Quote:
> These total are automatically calculated?

No. I just want the values on the parent form to be updated when I return from
the child browse.

Quote:

> Usually the totals are calculated before the ResetfromView's parent call.

This did not work. The ResetFromView is called after exiting from the child
form back to the child browse. The parent form is not updated to reflect the
updated value.

John E Singer

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:01:23 GMT

1. I have Update Form (parent file) with Browse List (child file)

2. CW4 Writing to a parent file from child file's update form

3. Update parent value from child form

4. SQL - adding child record from parent form

5. Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.

6. Parent form cleared when EIP child browse

7. delete parent-child record without using form

8. Child browse in parent form

9. Scrolling form in a parent child situation

10. parent-child in a form

11. send data form child to parent

12. Updating parent file when child edited