Keystone's NetTools experience - Good or Bad?
Author Message
 Keystone's NetTools experience - Good or Bad?

Has anyone any experience using Keystone Computer's NetTools with
Clarion?

I have a project where I need to be able to direct printed output to
various Netware 4.x queues from a Clarion app.  My choices appear to be:

1) Cobble it together with Win9x printer configurations at each
workstation (works, cheap but mighty ugly and maintenance headache);

2) Use Netware API (works, "cheap" but a LOT of effort to figure out how
methinks);

3) use Keystone's NetTools (don't know if it works; $200 seems like a
lot for what I want to accomplish but willing to spend it if it solves
my problem with a minimum of effort).

Any comments, suggestions, recommendations welcome.

Al

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Keystone's NetTools experience - Good or Bad?
Hi Al

I don't have the newest version of Nettools but have used them for the DOS
version and Windows and found them to work fine.

I found that with the Windows version, all the function for the Bindry API
calls were prototyped but not the NDS.

The new version should have this though.

Email me if you want any more info.

JCF

Quote:
> Has anyone any experience using Keystone Computer's NetTools with
> Clarion?

> I have a project where I need to be able to direct printed output to
> various Netware 4.x queues from a Clarion app.  My choices appear to be:

> 1) Cobble it together with Win9x printer configurations at each
> workstation (works, cheap but mighty ugly and maintenance headache);

> 2) Use Netware API (works, "cheap" but a LOT of effort to figure out how
> methinks);

> 3) use Keystone's NetTools (don't know if it works; $200 seems like a
> lot for what I want to accomplish but willing to spend it if it solves
> my problem with a minimum of effort).

> Any comments, suggestions, recommendations welcome.

> Al

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. keystone nettools

2. Database experiences in Python: Good or Bad?

3. What's good and what's bad about CoBOL's directions

4. ``Is Worse (Still) Better?'': looking for info on OOPSLA 2000 panel with Gabriel

5. Why good DBF's go bad

6. Take Forth's good points, chuck the bad point

7. New subject suggested by thread on what's good or bad about some features

8. Is CW2003 and DBase III files a good solution ?? Good/Bad experiences ??

9. Bad experiences with PL/I-Compiler

10. bad experiences with COBOL ETL tools

11. don't understand cause of `sysread': Bad file descriptor (Errno::EBADF)

12. tcl8's expr changes: why I think it's bad