Please HELP - compiler internal error
Author Message
 Please HELP - compiler internal error

Hi,

During compiling of application I received following messages:

(474,50) Internal error: ISL error: 285
(474,50) Internal error: ISL error: 286
    2 errors
(554,1) Internal error: ISL error: 192
(554,1) Internal error: ISL error: 193

Line 474 is inside source file, character 50 is "first" after last actual
character in this line, line 554 is "first" past the end of file.
After splitting suspected source file into two smaller, compiler gives same
type of error, with no. 121, but in third source file. What does these
errors mean? I'm using 2.003

TIA

    Marek Brzozowski

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP - compiler internal error
Hi Marek,

Put as much of your code into routines as possible.  this #should# stop
the error.

regards
Paul Melevende

Quote:

>(474,50) Internal error: ISL error: 285

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP - compiler internal error
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. This time the problem was not in length of main
source code, but in reference variables. Below I quote postings found
(fortunately !) in archive of my colleague, from Hans Joerg Schmoelz having
same problem:

Quote:
>Hi all!

>I am using Clarion 2.03 and the 16-bit compiler cannot compile one
>module of my .APP-File. The compiler output is:

>Compiling visit061.clw
>No errors
>(visit061.clw 1004,1) Internal error: ISL error: 192
>(visit061.clw 1004,1) Internal error: ISL error: 193

>Line 1004 is the last line of that module. What is the cause of this
>error?
>I would be grateful for any help.

>This problem does not occur with the 32-bit compiler.

>Thanks,
>Hans J?rg
>Well I found it out for myself:

>I used an object of the type:

>BesVorgClassType    CLASS,TYPE,MODULE('BVG_CODE.CLW')
>RsvQ                  &ReservQueueType
>AnwQ                  &AnwQueueType
>BesQ                  &BesucherQueueType
>SubBvgQ               &SubBesVorgQueueType, PRIVATE

>The errors were caused be references of the kind

>IF RECORDS(BesVorgObj.BesQ) ...

>The workaround is to use a local variable that references the QUEUE in
>the Object:

>ObjBesQ   &BesucherQueueType
>ObjBesQ &= BesVorgObj.BesQ
>IF RECORDS(ObjBesQ) ...

>I don't know what exactly caused the errors. Using the 16 bit compiler
>sometimes it works, sometimes it causes the ISL errors during
>optimization, sometimes the application crashes with a GPF and
>sometimes even the compiler crashes with a GPF. There were no
>problems using the 32 bit compiler.

>Bye,
>Hans J?rg

I confirm, that problem disappears when compiling application in 32 bit
mode.
Below you have definitions for data structures I'm using

CategoriesGroupType     Group,Type
CritIdf                   UShort
ItemIdx                   UShort
ItemType                  Byte
  etc...
                        End

ItemsType               Queue,Type
Index                     Ulong
SubIndex                  Byte
Matching                  Byte
                        End

QueueHandle             Group,Type
QueueIdf                  Byte
QueueRef                  &ItemsType
                        End

BaseType                Group,Type
VarType                   Byte
ConditionRecord           Group(CategoriesGroupType)
                          End
QueueHandle               Group(QueueHandle)
                          End
                        End

Declaration

  Variable  Group(BaseType)
            End

with frequent access to group components

    Variable.QueueHandle.QueueRef.Index
    Variable.QueueHandle.QueueRef.SubIndex
    Variable.QueueHandle.QueueRef.Matching

lead to compile time error I reported earlier, with unpredictable behavior
of IDE after that (reported GPFs, OS hangs up - Windows 95).

Following additional variable

  Items &ItemsType

initialized as below

  Items&=Variable.QueueHandle.QueueRef

with access to group components

  Items.Index
  Items.SubIndex
  Items.Matching

resolved the problem for 16 bit compilation.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply

  Marek Brzozowski

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Title: Internal error: please help!

2. Please Help! Internal Error #03 WSLDIAL

3. Internal Error... Please Help

4. Anybody Please help !!!!! Clarion 2 - Internal Error - 04

5. please help internal error

6. Help Please - Internal Error 1010 ???

7. Please Help with Compiler Error

8. Help Plse on Error (513): Internal Error 13

9. HELP: Error (513): Internal Error 13!!!

10. Inline Assembly: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

11. ifc: *Compiler Internal Error*

12. Internal compiler error with g77 on linux