Report with 2 Detail bands
Author Message
 Report with 2 Detail bands

I am trying to create a report that prints out all the records that I
want from one table and then following a group footer, prints out all
the records I want from a different table.  I have a detail band, a
group footer and then a second detail band, but the report mixes up the
detail bands so it prints detail1 then detail2 ... then finally prints
the group footer at the end.

Any suggestions?

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report with 2 Detail bands
Hi, snebeker:

I would program the procedure by hand. First, program a loop with the
sentence
PRINT(RPT:Detail1)
inside the loop, and after completion of this loop,  add another loop
with the sentence
PRINT(RPT:Detail2)
inside it.

I wish this will help.
Best regards,

Mario Ulanovsky
Sygrama Software

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report with 2 Detail bands
What about a report with MANY detail bands?
I am developing an app for Short Term Insurance Brokers and we must
print out the Policies.
Each category of Insurance i.e. HouseHolder, Own Owner, AllRisk, Motor
Vehicle, Motor Cycle etc use differet fields form the the same file
say PolicyDetail (Policy one to many to PolicyDetail)
So I will have a Detail for each category of Insurance?
And each will have a Header and footer with subtotals?
Am I on the right track?
Thanks
JVZ
C5ee Legacy

Quote:

>I am trying to create a report that prints out all the records that I
>want from one table and then following a group footer, prints out all
>the records I want from a different table.  I have a detail band, a
>group footer and then a second detail band, but the report mixes up the
>detail bands so it prints detail1 then detail2 ... then finally prints
>the group footer at the end.

>Any suggestions?

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

CPD 2.110, CW Standard 2002, CW5EE
File Manager 2, Wise Installation
MS Office, Zoltrix Speaker/Fax/Modem
Clarion/Pastel Accounting Systems discussion list at
http://cwpastel.listbot.com

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report with 2 Detail bands
Can anyone please go into more detail about this procedure. I have
tried with no luck to use the LOOP statement in this case. BTW, I am
using Clarion 5 Pro edition.

Thank you very much.

Quote:

>Hi, snebeker:

>I would program the procedure by hand. First, program a loop with the
>sentence
>PRINT(RPT:Detail1)
>inside the loop, and after completion of this loop,  add another loop
>with the sentence
>PRINT(RPT:Detail2)
>inside it.

>I wish this will help.
>Best regards,

>Mario Ulanovsky
>Sygrama Software

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report template limitations - detail bands

2. Detail band vs Form band

3. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

4. Report-Detail Band

5. Report - Detail Band

6. Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands

7. multiple detail band in report writer

8. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

9. Enabling detail band of report

10. Multiple detail bands in report question

11. Report Writer 2: Problem with Multiple Detail Bands

12. resize detail band in report