Toggle MDI/non-MDI before opening a window?
Author Message
 Toggle MDI/non-MDI before opening a window?

Hi folks,

why on earth is {prop:mdi} read-only? What I need to do is set
MDI/non-MDI mode before opening a browse-window; since it is an
attribute like any other I see no logical objections as long as it is
done before OPEN.

Is there any trick to achieve that?

Of course, I could run copies of the same procedure. But the contained
browses are completely the same except pointing to different files with
the same structure, so that was rather stupid with maintenance in mind.
For special reasons I can not open both windows in the same appframe.

Help is appreciated :)=)

Regards
R. Gathmann

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:20:20 GMT
 Toggle MDI/non-MDI before opening a window?
Ralph,

A better way to accomplish what you're trying to do might be to
disable the menu items by playing with the threads so both browse
procedures cannot be opened at the same time.  It also keeps your app
looking more consistent from the user's standpoint.

Check out: Help/Contents/FAQs/Windows/How to Manage Threads

Mark

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:09:58 GMT

1. To MDI or Not to MDI

2. VWin: MDI within MDI question

3. Unable to open MDI window(system is Modal)

4. Unable to open MDI window

5. Unable to open MDI window on applications thread

6. unable to open MDI window (No APPLICATION active)

7. 32 bit bug - Unable to open MDI window (system is MODAL)

8. CWEE5B ABC EIP: Unable to open MDI window

9. Unable to open MDI Window

10. Unable to open MDI window on APPLICATION's thread

11. Unable to open mdi window on application's thread

12. WIN2K: frame open right but MDI windows are iconized and if resized are empy