HELP: SQL ODBC date range, 2nd post
Author Message
 HELP: SQL ODBC date range, 2nd post

Folks, sorry for this rerun...

How do you use a date variable (not LONG) to limit records from an SQL ODBC
file? I'm using DATE instead of LONG to make my database accessible from
other non-CW applications.

My first try ended in an error message 'Cannot convert 71891 or something
to a date....'

In my last attempt, I use a string constant '1998-08-12' to filter the
records. No error! But no result either!

Please, please what's the correct way to compare a date variable with a
date column in SQL?

TIA
Rudy Sujanto

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: SQL ODBC date range, 2nd post
Rudy,

A SQL date convert into a Clarion GROUP , which is OVER the original (SQL)
field as in :

ENTRY_DATE         STRING(8)
Entry_date_Group    GROUP,OVER(ENTRY_DATE)
Entry_Date_date         DATE
Entry_Date_Time        TIME
                               END

So, you need to affect the value to Entry_date_date, even if your filter
MUST be on Entry_date.
Obviously, you have to be sure that the value into Entry_date_time was NULL
for the comparison to work.......

Bernard.

Quote:

>Please, please what's the correct way to compare a date variable with a
>date column in SQL?

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW Browse Template Date Range & ODBC

2. ODBC Problem 2nd Posting

3. Moving to MS SQL ??? 2nd Post

4. 2nd post: Logout vs prop:sql

5. Help: Need all changes in a date-range

6. Need help on date range fot sales tax

7. HELP: IEEE conversion (2nd post)

8. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

9. Help : QBE Report doesnt work. 2nd posting

10. 2nd Posting: Link Error: To many segdef in file:8,800 - Please Help

11. 2nd post, C4B2 - Please help!!

12. 2nd post - please help .....