Single Record - Update Form (no table)
Author Message
 Single Record - Update Form (no table)

I have a "User Preferences" file that holds global variables used in
many places of the application.  I want to call a form procedure for
this file, allowing a user to make changes to the preferences, but do
not want to preceed this with a table procedure since only "1" record
will exist in this file.  How is this done??
Thanks in advance for the help.
-Dennis

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Single Record - Update Form (no table)
Hi Dennis.

Call the form from the main menu (or where ever) and in the embed 'after
openning files' check how many records there are in the file and if there
are none set the add a blank record.  Then set LocalRequest set to Change.

If Records(Preference) then
  !****set up any defaults fror the file****
  Add(Preference)
end
LocalRequest = ChangeRecord

Hope this helps

Quote:
> I have a "User Preferences" file that holds global variables used in
> many places of the application.  I want to call a form procedure for
> this file, allowing a user to make changes to the preferences, but do
> not want to preceed this with a table procedure since only "1" record
> will exist in this file.  How is this done??
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> -Dennis

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Single Record - Update Form (no table)
There's a nice (and free) template distributed by Tinman (?) called
Tintools (?) which has that functionality. Sorry for being so inexact,
but my regular computer (storing this info) is down Email me if you
can't locate it.
Quote:

>I have a "User Preferences" file that holds global variables used in
>many places of the application.  I want to call a form procedure for
>this file, allowing a user to make changes to the preferences, but do
>not want to preceed this with a table procedure since only "1" record
>will exist in this file.  How is this done??
>Thanks in advance for the help.
>-Dennis

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Single Record - Update Form (no table)
Dennis

Check out the excellent, and free, Tintools templates which have a
single record template which has worked great for me.

The site is at www2.southwind.net/~tinman, the full set includes
Castle and Sorensen templates which are also great.

David

Quote:
> I have a "User Preferences" file that holds global variables used in
> many places of the application.  I want to call a form procedure for
> this file, allowing a user to make changes to the preferences, but do
> not want to preceed this with a table procedure since only "1" record
> will exist in this file.  How is this done??
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> -Dennis

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Single Record Update Form

2. Update records from multiple tables on one form

3. Menu Item & Single Record Table

4. Single record update problem

5. Updating display of a single record in Browse

6. Single Record Update Template

7. update by form template on table with identity column

8. Two browse tables, one update form

9. Update Selected Record on Browse without Calling Form ?

10. Child records on an update form

11. Update a record without using a form

12. Update record without form?