Conditional Button Text?
Author Message
 Conditional Button Text?

How can I have the text on a button be set according to a given condition?

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:21:00 GMT
 Conditional Button Text?
Use something like:

if MyCondition
  ?MyButton{PROP:TEXT} = 'True'
else
  ?MyButton{PROP:TEXT} = 'False'
end

Think this should do it

regards,

Jaak

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:30:50 GMT
 Conditional Button Text?
Hi James,

Normally one would not only have different messages for different conditions
but also different actions.

What I do is to create two buttons, each with its own text and actions,
embeds, etc. I make them the same size and place them one on top of the
other and set both to "Hide".

Then depending on the condition prevailing I unhide the appropriate button.
That is all the user sees and it appears as if the same button has different
messages and does different things.

Hopes this helps,

Theo von Solms

Quote:

> How can I have the text on a button be set according to a given condition?

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:12:22 GMT

1. button text as value in button's command

2. button size in pixel for a text button

3. Browse w/conditional buttons

4. Button, Button, who's got the Button?

5. Changing button text in response to a message

6. Bevel Button and Static Text

7. Changing the text color of a button in ObjectStudio

8. Changing button text on the fly

9. Button(Prop:Text)

10. Help needed: multiline text on button

11. 2 lines of text on a button

12. Multi-line text on Button