Clarionet/App brooker
Author Message
 Clarionet/App brooker

Hi,

Anyone running the app. brooker on an own server ?
How does speed compares to the SV example  (Testdrive an application) ?
I was surprised that I could even work with it via a 56 kbit dial up
connection.
Is the system stable ?
The brooker is limited to 50 users but can I install it on an unlimited
number
of servers ?
Thanks!

Regards,
Nick

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:30:24 GMT
 Clarionet/App brooker
I have the broker running on multiple servers even on a windows me.  The
broker is stable but if your application is not then you will have{*filter*}
ports. on a nt server you should use a load balancer. The speed is dependant
on your server the internet load is minimal so you can indeed use a 56k
line. the broker can be installed multiple times.
The great advantage of the app broker is the good security on the line
Robert

Quote:
> Hi,

> Anyone running the app. brooker on an own server ?
> How does speed compares to the SV example  (Testdrive an application) ?
> I was surprised that I could even work with it via a 56 kbit dial up
> connection.
> Is the system stable ?
> The brooker is limited to 50 users but can I install it on an unlimited
> number
> of servers ?
> Thanks!

> Regards,
> Nick

---

    http://www.*-*-*.com/       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 21:58:04 GMT
 Clarionet/App brooker
Hi Robert,

Thanks!
I would like to use an own server (just a PC running under Win 2000
with a TCP/IP connection and ADSL (10 times better than the 56 kbit modem).
Have you done that too ? (without MS IIS)

Cheers,
Nick

Quote:
> I have the broker running on multiple servers even on a windows me.  The
> broker is stable but if your application is not then you will have{*filter*}
> ports. on a nt server you should use a load balancer. The speed is
dependant
> on your server the internet load is minimal so you can indeed use a 56k
> line. the broker can be installed multiple times.
> The great advantage of the app broker is the good security on the line
> Robert

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:05:01 GMT

1. ClarioNet test app. question

2. ATTN: Bob Brooker - or anyone at SV

3. Research Projects are ... not Development (Brooker)

4. Clarion ASP - Bob Brooker Etc...

5. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

6. ClarioNET

7. Does anybody recommend Clarionet?

8. Problems Removing ClarioNET from an application

9. Clarionet and Alert key

10. Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors

11. Clarionet

12. Clarionet and Macs