Data Backup needed for app
Author Message
 Data Backup needed for app

I need a solution for backing up the data of a Clarion 5.5 application. The
backup must be an option in the Clarion application and must be able to
compress the data and span it across multiple disks .

The first choice will obviously be freeware.

Kind Regards

Braam Celliers

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:01:53 GMT
 Data Backup needed for app

Hi Braam

Run a batchfile from within your application containing something like:

PKZIP  A:\MYFILE  C:\MYCAT\*.TPS  -&

! Diskettes must here be formatted and empty and I'm assuming that you have
the PKZIP.EXE available.

Regards

Odd Johannesen
Granli 23
NO-4550 FARSUND
NORWAY

Quote:
> Data Backup needed for app

> I need a solution for backing up the data of a Clarion 5.5 application.
The
> backup must be an option in the Clarion application and must be able to
> compress the data and span it across multiple disks .

> The first choice will obviously be freeware.

> Kind Regards

> Braam Celliers

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:17:51 GMT
 Data Backup needed for app
Have a look at Lindners PKZIP templates. The product is good, and the
support es second to none.

look at  www.lindersoft.com .

Best regards

Edvard Korsb?k

Quote:
> Data Backup needed for app

> I need a solution for backing up the data of a Clarion 5.5 application.
The
> backup must be an option in the Clarion application and must be able to
> compress the data and span it across multiple disks .

> The first choice will obviously be freeware.

> Kind Regards

> Braam Celliers

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:38:56 GMT
 Data Backup needed for app
Also BigZip.dll.  It's not free but it's only about 39 bucks.  There's a
Clarion wrapper for it and I've used it.  Piecce of cake.

Quote:
> Data Backup needed for app

> I need a solution for backing up the data of a Clarion 5.5 application.
The
> backup must be an option in the Clarion application and must be able to
> compress the data and span it across multiple disks .

> The first choice will obviously be freeware.

> Kind Regards

> Braam Celliers

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:52:42 GMT
 Data Backup needed for app
B.,

        I am setting my clients up to use their CDRW
software. 680 mb on one disk, multi spanning, cheap. An
Aopen CDRW with the bundled Nero software is $100 Canadian.

        The last window in my app reminds them to do a
backup, then runs Nero.

Mike

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:01:53 +0200, "Braam Celliers"

Quote:

>Data Backup needed for app

>I need a solution for backing up the data of a Clarion 5.5 application. The
>backup must be an option in the Clarion application and must be able to
>compress the data and span it across multiple disks .

>The first choice will obviously be freeware.

>Kind Regards

>Braam Celliers

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:39:54 GMT
 Data Backup needed for app

Hi.
Check out http://dosprint.tripod.com/dbzip
This is what Kingsley was talking about
cheers!
Dave Beggs

Quote:

> Data Backup needed for app

> I need a solution for backing up the data of a Clarion 5.5 application. The
> backup must be an option in the Clarion application and must be able to
> compress the data and span it across multiple disks .

> The first choice will obviously be freeware.

> Kind Regards

> Braam Celliers

Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:18:52 GMT

1. Zip App - Free Backup App/Dct Program

2. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

3. FREE BACKUP SOFTWARE FOR YOUR APPS.

4. Batch File to Backup APP and DCT

5. Backup util for 5.2d Apps.

6. Data Backup Templates - New Version

7. BACKFLASH - Data Backup Model

8. Data Backup Templates - new version of BackFlash released

9. The best data backup template?

10. Backup Customer Data?

11. Developer Needs a Backup

12. Need backup CW2.003 32 bits to anydrive