WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??
Author Message
 WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??

Hi,

I am trying to create a window control, using the API call
CreateWindow.

I have prototyped the procedure in the global map section like below.

     MODULE('Windows.DLL')
         CreateWindow(*CSTRING, *CSTRING, ULONG, SIGNED, SIGNED,
                                  SIGNED, SIGNED, UNSIGNED, UNSIGNED,
                                  UNSIGNED, ULONG), UNSIGNED, Pascal,
                                  RAW
     END

The program compiles ok, only the linker complains about CreateWindow
(unresolved external).

I have used API calls before in exactly the same way without any
problems. My API bible says the procedure exists, the winapi program
from topspeed says it exists. Why can't the linker find it?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Adriaan van Ieperen

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??
Hi,

Try adding to the end of the prototype

,name('CreateWindowA')

as this function also has a unicode version.

Regards

Andy Ireland
[Topspeed Corporation]

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??
I tried it and still have the unresolved external.

Adriaan van Ieperen

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:07:46 -0500, "Andrew Ireland"

Quote:

>Hi,

>Try adding to the end of the prototype

>,name('CreateWindowA')

>as this function also has a unicode version.

>Regards

>Andy Ireland
>[Topspeed Corporation]

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??
Hi Andy,

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:07:46 -0500, "Andrew Ireland"

Quote:

>Try adding to the end of the prototype

>,name('CreateWindowA')

>as this function also has a unicode version.

CreateWindow (or CreateWindowA/CreateWindowW) is not in the supplied
win32.libm CreateWindowExA and CreateWindowExW are.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??
Try making a .LIB by using libmaker.exe

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??
Thanks,

Adriaan

Quote:

>Hi Andy,

>On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:07:46 -0500, "Andrew Ireland"

>>Try adding to the end of the prototype

>>,name('CreateWindowA')

>>as this function also has a unicode version.

>CreateWindow (or CreateWindowA/CreateWindowW) is not in the supplied
>win32.libm CreateWindowExA and CreateWindowExW are.

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
>http://www.icetips.com
>UIN nr.: 2428601

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unresolved External Error when trying to use WINAPI call

2. Unresolved External in vsa_cftp.obj ?

3. Unresolved External ds_FILEOPEN in ...

4. Unresolved external ds_FILEOPEN in abfile.OBJ !?!?!

5. Unresolved External with nonclarion DLL

6. Unresolved External error snd C5clwx.exe problem

7. Link Error: Unresolved External _CLAFindWindow@ in .....

8. Link Error: Unresolved External Wsl@LibInstance in BTRWON.OBJ

9. Unresolved externals - Help!!

10. Question on Unresolved Externals...