Delete key on keyboard deleting records
Author Message
 Delete key on keyboard deleting records

Hi

I have a browse box with a look up field.  If a user enters something in the
lookup and then changes their mind highlights part of  what they entered -
then press delete - The program asks if it is okay to delete the record.

It should just delete the highlighted area.  It seems when I hit the delete
on the keyboard it activates the delete button on the screen.

This seems to b only in my ABC apps.  Legacy seems to be okay.

Has anyone seen this and have any idea how to resolve it.

Thanks
--
Gary Hoffman
Amsoft

visit our website at: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:53:25 GMT
 Delete key on keyboard deleting records
Hi Gary,
the delete key only works as a delete key when the browse is selected.
When the lookup field is selected, the delete key doesn't work on the
browse.
If you don't want to have a delete key at all, use an alias.

Cheers, Jos

Quote:
> Hi

> I have a browse box with a look up field.  If a user enters something in
the
> lookup and then changes their mind highlights part of  what they entered -
> then press delete - The program asks if it is okay to delete the record.

> It should just delete the highlighted area.  It seems when I hit the
delete
> on the keyboard it activates the delete button on the screen.

> This seems to b only in my ABC apps.  Legacy seems to be okay.

> Has anyone seen this and have any idea how to resolve it.

> Thanks
> --
> Gary Hoffman
> Amsoft

> visit our website at: http://www.amsoft.org

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:45:34 GMT
 Delete key on keyboard deleting records
Jos;

I agree.  But that's not how mine is working.  Hitting the delete key while
in the controll field is deleting the highlighted record.

I know this is not normally.  I don't know what i have done to cause this.

--
Thanks
Gary Hoffman
Amsoft

visit our website at: http://www.amsoft.org

Quote:
> Hi Gary,
> the delete key only works as a delete key when the browse is selected.
> When the lookup field is selected, the delete key doesn't work on the
> browse.
> If you don't want to have a delete key at all, use an alias.

> Cheers, Jos

> > Hi

> > I have a browse box with a look up field.  If a user enters something in
> the
> > lookup and then changes their mind highlights part of  what they
entered -
> > then press delete - The program asks if it is okay to delete the record.

> > It should just delete the highlighted area.  It seems when I hit the
> delete
> > on the keyboard it activates the delete button on the screen.

> > This seems to b only in my ABC apps.  Legacy seems to be okay.

> > Has anyone seen this and have any idea how to resolve it.

> > Thanks
> > --
> > Gary Hoffman
> > Amsoft

> > visit our website at: http://www.amsoft.org

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:51:47 GMT
 Delete key on keyboard deleting records
Make sure the delete key in not alerted in window formatter. Edit, Alerts
menu

Jay

Quote:
> Hi

> I have a browse box with a look up field.  If a user enters something in
the
> lookup and then changes their mind highlights part of  what they entered -
> then press delete - The program asks if it is okay to delete the record.

> It should just delete the highlighted area.  It seems when I hit the
delete
> on the keyboard it activates the delete button on the screen.

> This seems to b only in my ABC apps.  Legacy seems to be okay.

> Has anyone seen this and have any idea how to resolve it.

> Thanks
> --
> Gary Hoffman
> Amsoft

> visit our website at: http://www.amsoft.org

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:06:38 GMT
 Delete key on keyboard deleting records
Jay;
I didn't know about that edits alerted section.  There are no keys alerted
in there.

I am thinking i am going to have to reinstall.
Thanks

--
Thanks
Gary Hoffman
Amsoft

visit our website at: http://www.amsoft.org

Quote:

> Make sure the delete key in not alerted in window formatter. Edit, Alerts
> menu

> Jay

> > Hi

> > I have a browse box with a look up field.  If a user enters something in
> the
> > lookup and then changes their mind highlights part of  what they
entered -
> > then press delete - The program asks if it is okay to delete the record.

> > It should just delete the highlighted area.  It seems when I hit the
> delete
> > on the keyboard it activates the delete button on the screen.

> > This seems to b only in my ABC apps.  Legacy seems to be okay.

> > Has anyone seen this and have any idea how to resolve it.

> > Thanks
> > --
> > Gary Hoffman
> > Amsoft

> > visit our website at: http://www.amsoft.org

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:05:25 GMT

1. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array

2. Deleting current record based on next record

3. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

4. Deleted procs not deleted???

5. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

6. bug(?): menu delete operation always deletes at least one entry

7. delete or not to delete

8. find a key word and delete 5 lines before it and 5 lines after this

9. Insert, Change, Delete keys

10. Cascaded deletes in non-autonumbered key

11. strange delete key experience

12. CW2.003 - disable DELETE key on a browse?