Hoax AOL Virus
Author Message
 Hoax AOL Virus

*** "AOL4FREE.COM". Within seconds of opening it, a window ***

A bit of both and then something else, it seems.

Aol4free is an e-mail hoax that was first distributed as a chain letter
about 15/4 in the States and first indications are that it got here
about a week ago.

A few days after the hoax started, some fine upstanding individual wrote

a Trojan and started distributing it as a file attachment called
Aol4free.com. The Trojan attempts to execute the following Dos commands:

C:
CD\
DELTREE /y *.*

Full details of the hoax and Trojan, including a screen shot of the
Trojan in action will be found at http://www.*-*-*.com/
The language in the screen shot is somewhat strong.

As a Trojan, it does not replicate and can only be distributed by e-
mail. As very few people are dumb enough to execute a .com file sent to
them by a stranger, it is unlikely to cause too much trouble. Of course,

people who are going to execute the file may well have a problem.
:)

As far as I am aware their is no way to automatically run an
executable attached to an Email.

Mike Hesse

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 18 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Hoax AOL Virus

Quote:

> *** "AOL4FREE.COM". Within seconds of opening it, a window ***

> Aol4free.com. The Trojan attempts to execute the following Dos commands:

> C:
> CD\
> DELTREE /y *.*

        There has been some postings regarding the viruses made by brilliant
minds
who has nothing better to do, but it seems to me that most of the bad
ones try to do
some del or format.

        Maybe I am beeing stupid, but I wonder how efective those kind of
viruses
would be if one renamed some files on his own machine, like DELTREE ->
DDELTREE.

        Just my 2c
                                                dinko

        Dinko Bacun
        TENDRIKS d.o.o.                 (+385) 01 277-642
        Bijenicka 13A                             430-260
        10000 ZAGREB                              430-361
        CROATIA                            BBS:   431-118

Mon, 18 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

2. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

3. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

4. virus or hoax

5. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

6. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

7. IMPORTANT....Virus or Hoax

8. VIRUS HOAX

9. Virus Hoax