Pop up modify (right mouse button) issue - Help
Author Message
 Pop up modify (right mouse button) issue - Help

Am using ABC in E5.  Have hidden Add/modify/delete buttons on my browse...
but pop up from right mouse is still there.  I don't want to dispense with
buttons... that is, I want to hide them rather than not have an update form
on the browse... because I am using a VIEW button to show them the record
detail.  But I must get rid of the right mouse button popup.  I don't want
to re-write the browse.   How do I do this??????  Sage advice from anybody
warmy welcomed.  Thanks.  Jim

Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pop up modify (right mouse button) issue - Help
Hi Jim, have you tried disabling it. If you disable it, and the popup still
comes up, at least they won't be able to update the record.

HTH
Faron Dunn

Quote:

>Am using ABC in E5.  Have hidden Add/modify/delete buttons on my browse...
>but pop up from right mouse is still there.  I don't want to dispense with
>buttons... that is, I want to hide them rather than not have an update form
>on the browse... because I am using a VIEW button to show them the record
>detail.  But I must get rid of the right mouse button popup.  I don't want
>to re-write the browse.   How do I do this??????  Sage advice from anybody
>warmy welcomed.  Thanks.  Jim

Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pop up modify (right mouse button) issue - Help
Quote:

> Am using ABC in E5.  Have hidden Add/modify/delete buttons on my browse...

Go to thiswindow.init and in the last embed before the end of .init put code
like brw1.Insertcontrol=0; brw1.changeControl=0...  Then ABC will completely
ignore the buttons and all functions includuding popup will not work.
You can reverse that later by reseting brw1.Insertcontrol = ?insert:2 or
what ever equates your code generates
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pop up modify (right mouse button) issue - Help
Hi, Jim

You can put this code in ThisWindow.Init (Priority 9001) :

BRW1.InsertControl=0
BRW1.ChangeControl=0
BRW1.DeleteControl=0
BRW1.Popup.Kill            ! If you don't want to show the popup menu

Best Regards,

Matas A. Flores
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. left mouse button = right mouse button

2. Mouse over pop-ups with VisualWorks

3. leftmouse button is right mouse button ???

4. no help on pop-ups yet

5. Right mouse button in VW

6. Right mouse Button in Windows NT 4.0

7. Right Mouse Button

8. Disable Right Mouse Button Popup Menu

9. Disable Right Mouse Button Popup Menu

10. Detect right button mouse clicks

11. System 3 right mouse button broken?

12. GNAT, CLAW, and the right mouse button