Internal C-compiler in CW
Author Message
 Internal C-compiler in CW

To be honest, I was a bit surprised to find Alexey's news about the
internal C compiler bundled with CW. After trying to create a small
dummy application I, however, ran into a trouble: the compilation went
OK but in the linking phase I got an error: the C-function could not
be found even though I had included it in the global map. What are the
steps to make the function available?

And Alexey, I downloaded your ETPW templates from Icetips and had a
quick look at it. Could you give a brief description about the changes
you possibly have made? I suppose you have rewritten at least part of
them.

Markku

Sun, 13 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal C-compiler in CW

Quote:
>All works fine for me. I do not understand what problem you have. The
>only version is that you didn't included C module in your project. If

        Thank you for your response. I'll check my code & my project!

        I have to say I am a bit amazed about the C and Modula 2
        compilers... seems to me I have to get hold of Niclaus Wirth's book
        on the latter :-)

        Very few products have undocumented features like this :-)

        I'll also have a look at your template corrections during the
        weekend.

        Thank you, Alexey!

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal C-compiler in CW

Quote:
>All works fine for me. I do not understand what problem you have. The
>only version is that you didn't included C module in your project. If
>you have used my templates you must select "ETPW Default Application"
>for your application and my templates' PROGRAM type for its main
>module.

        I registered your template chain but during generation I
        got errors on various variables being not defined - one
        of them was  %Delayedmodulegeneration which refused
        to become recognized no matter what I did. There were
        several ones and I could not compile any of my applications
        if I used your templates.

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal C-compiler in CW

Hello!

Date:  Sun, 30 Jun 1996 07:01:35 GMT

Quote:
> >All works fine for me. I do not understand what problem you have. The
> >only version is that you didn't included C module in your project. If
> >you have used my templates you must select "ETPW Default Application"
> >for your application and my templates' PROGRAM type for its main
> >module.

>         I registered your template chain but during generation I
>         got errors on various variables being not defined - one
>         of them was  %Delayedmodulegeneration which refused
>         to become recognized no matter what I did. There were
>         several ones and I could not compile any of my applications
>         if I used your templates.

%DelayedModuleGeneretaion is a macro-symbol defined in the #APPLICATION
section of ETPW. If it remains unrecognized, it means that you've chosen
Clarion as your application's template set. You can use standard procedure,
control, code and extension templates if application template have been
set as ETPW but opposite is not true.

Try to change the application template to ETPW (select the item Application
-> Properties in the main menu) and change the program type from "Clarion"
(select a Module view for your application tree and press "Properties"
button when the main module is hilighted).

Alexey Solovjev

Fri, 18 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP!!!! Internal Error - tpsbt.cpp - CW 2003

2. Excel internal format & CW

3. CW 2.0 useless internal report formatter!

5. Please HELP - compiler internal error

6. Inline Assembly: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

7. ifc: *Compiler Internal Error*

8. Internal compiler error with g77 on linux

9. 1501-230 Internal compiler error

10. Internal Compiler Error (C0000005)-CVF 6.5

11. internal compiler error

12. Python interpreter/compiler internals