New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Author Message
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
people who would like to be beta testers for it

Basically it will do the following:-

You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
button, a save button and an exit button.
The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
that they have modified it.

What it will not do:-
Destroy fields
Move fields from one tab to another.
Add or remove any code in your app.
Add new fields.

Any comments would be very helpful.

Cheers
Simon Burrows
Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
application
Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
In a network environment could each user have their own screen layout?  If so I
would be interested.

Gary

Quote:

> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
> users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> people who would like to be beta testers for it

> Basically it will do the following:-

> You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
> Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
> the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
> button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
> in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
> button, a save button and an exit button.
> The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
> that they have modified it.

> What it will not do:-
> Destroy fields
> Move fields from one tab to another.
> Add or remove any code in your app.
> Add new fields.

> Any comments would be very helpful.

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Simon,

Please put me in your BETA list, I am very very interested in testing out
such templates.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE
1:22am 30/08/2000

Quote:
> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow
end
> users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> people who would like to be beta testers for it

> Basically it will do the following:-

> You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
> Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)
When
> the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
> button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would
do
> in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
> button, a save button and an exit button.
> The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the
way
> that they have modified it.

> What it will not do:-
> Destroy fields
> Move fields from one tab to another.
> Add or remove any code in your app.
> Add new fields.

> Any comments would be very helpful.

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:22:25 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Gary

The intension is to have either local or global settings.  Local would
obviously only effect the individual machine or global for the whole system.

Cheers
Simon

Quote:
> In a network environment could each user have their own screen layout?  If
so I
> would be interested.

> Gary

> > I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow
end
> > users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> > trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> > people who would like to be beta testers for it

> > Basically it will do the following:-

> > You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design
features.
> > Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> > repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)
When
> > the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a
properties
> > button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would
do
> > in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program
defaults
> > button, a save button and an exit button.
> > The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the
way
> > that they have modified it.

> > What it will not do:-
> > Destroy fields
> > Move fields from one tab to another.
> > Add or remove any code in your app.
> > Add new fields.

> > Any comments would be very helpful.

> > Cheers
> > Simon Burrows
> > Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your
Clarion
> > application
> > Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> > http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 07:30:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Simon,
I'm in for Beta-Testing.
BTW couldn't find the template for testing

Jos

Quote:

>I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
>users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
>trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
>people who would like to be beta testers for it

>Basically it will do the following:-

>You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
>Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
>repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
>the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
>button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
>in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
>button, a save button and an exit button.
>The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
>that they have modified it.

>What it will not do:-
>Destroy fields
>Move fields from one tab to another.
>Add or remove any code in your app.
>Add new fields.

>Any comments would be very helpful.

>Cheers
>Simon Burrows
>Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
>application
>Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
>http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Simon,
I'm in for Beta-Testing.

Do you think to use it in Legacy and ABC?

Jorge Herrera

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Please put me in your betatester - list
Stefan Hartauer

Simon Burrows schrieb:

Quote:
> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
> users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> people who would like to be beta testers for it

> Basically it will do the following:-

> You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
> Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
> the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
> button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
> in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
> button, a save button and an exit button.
> The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
> that they have modified it.

> What it will not do:-
> Destroy fields
> Move fields from one tab to another.
> Add or remove any code in your app.
> Add new fields.

> Any comments would be very helpful.

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Have you thought about security issues?  There may be some properties that
managers don't want users to be able to change while others they don't care
about.

Gary

Quote:

> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
> users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> people who would like to be beta testers for it

> Basically it will do the following:-

> You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
> Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
> the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
> button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
> in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
> button, a save button and an exit button.
> The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
> that they have modified it.

> What it will not do:-
> Destroy fields
> Move fields from one tab to another.
> Add or remove any code in your app.
> Add new fields.

> Any comments would be very helpful.

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Jorge

Should be available for both.  ABC will be first then legacy afterwards.

Cheers
Simon

Quote:
> Hi Simon,
> I'm in for Beta-Testing.

> Do you think to use it in Legacy and ABC?

> Jorge Herrera

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Gary

For the first release there is likely to be a condition available in the
template which allows (or disallows) individual users to change screens.
This will allow you to incorporate your own or other security features.
Depending on requests after that depends on what level we take the security
to.  Individual field level may be too fiddly for you (the programmer) to
set up for every screen.  That will be a 'suck it and see'.

Cheers
Simon

Quote:
> Have you thought about security issues?  There may be some properties that
> managers don't want users to be able to change while others they don't
care
> about.

> Gary

> > I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow
end
> > users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> > trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> > people who would like to be beta testers for it

> > Basically it will do the following:-

> > You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design
features.
> > Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> > repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)
When
> > the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a
properties
> > button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would
do
> > in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program
defaults
> > button, a save button and an exit button.
> > The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the
way
> > that they have modified it.

> > What it will not do:-
> > Destroy fields
> > Move fields from one tab to another.
> > Add or remove any code in your app.
> > Add new fields.

> > Any comments would be very helpful.

> > Cheers
> > Simon Burrows
> > Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your
Clarion
> > application
> > Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> > http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hi Simon: I'm interested.  Glad to beta test, as well.

Regards,

Jim A

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Hello Simon:
Your template sounds very interesting, if you wish i'm ready to do a BETA
test.

Best Regards

Ing. Ramn Hernndez Domnguez

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:52:59 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Add me to tester list.

Regards.

Quote:

> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
> users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> people who would like to be beta testers for it

> Basically it will do the following:-

> You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
> Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
> the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
> button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
> in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
> button, a save button and an exit button.
> The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
> that they have modified it.

> What it will not do:-
> Destroy fields
> Move fields from one tab to another.
> Add or remove any code in your app.
> Add new fields.

> Any comments would be very helpful.

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:56:11 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts
Simon:

Please add me to the beta testing list.

Thanks,

Jim Palmer

Quote:
> I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow
end
> users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
> trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
> people who would like to be beta testers for it

> Basically it will do the following:-

> You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
> Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
> repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)
When
> the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
> button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would
do
> in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
> button, a save button and an exit button.
> The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the
way
> that they have modified it.

> What it will not do:-
> Destroy fields
> Move fields from one tab to another.
> Add or remove any code in your app.
> Add new fields.

> Any comments would be very helpful.

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:11:44 GMT
 New template to allow users to change screen layouts

Pls add me to the Beta

Torben

29 Aug 2000 16:00:44 +0100, "Simon Burrows"

Quote:

>I'm just putting the finishing touches to a new template that will allow end
>users to 'redesign' your screen layouts at runtime.  Basically, I'm just
>trying to judge how many people would find this useful.  I'm also after
>people who would like to be beta testers for it

>Basically it will do the following:-

>You can assign a keypress (or combination) to invoke the design features.
>Right mouseclick on a control to activate grab handles for resizing and
>repositioning (standard drag and drop type for resize and reposition)  When
>the grab handles appear, it will also display a toolbox with a properties
>button which will allow you to change almost all properties as you would do
>in the Clarion properties.  Toolbox also have a reset to program defaults
>button, a save button and an exit button.
>The next time the user comes into the screen, it will then be as per the way
>that they have modified it.

>What it will not do:-
>Destroy fields
>Move fields from one tab to another.
>Add or remove any code in your app.
>Add new fields.

>Any comments would be very helpful.

>Cheers
>Simon Burrows
>Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
>application
>Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates -
>http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk/listlabel.htm

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:40:39 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. front panel layout changes when moved to computer with lcd screen

2. front panel layout changes when moved to computer with lcd screen

3. Screen load order? -- New user question

4. ABC templates... can i change an applications templates

5. ABC templates: Checking for password before allowing modify to some files

6. Screen Layouts

7. ucblogo screen layout

8. Wrong screen layout F77

9. New templates added to Solace Software Free template set

10. New Templates: the Internet Framework Templates - HTTP Server Edition Version 1.5

11. ANN: New release of S.C.A. Micro Templates (Browse Header Sort and Reverse Sort Template)

12. New Mail Merge template from Solace Software and free Resort template