Autoexec.bat in Win XP
Author Message
 Autoexec.bat in Win XP

Hi,

  Just for my curiosity, when does this batch file, when put in the
startup folder, is exactly run?  My question is based on the fact that I
have an Oracle Database (8i) which is located on a movable HD device (in
fact a USB2.0 HD).  I would like to initialize some data at the start of
my computer BUT before Oracle starts up.

Thanks for the info!

Stphane

Quote:

> Hi Johan.

> I ended up creating c:\autoexec.bat and adding a shortcut to it to my
> "StartUp" folder.  Bit of a hack but took less than 2 minutes and seems to
> work fine <g>...

> Cheers,

> Gary.

> > Hi

> > We gave to put a client's company data on his notebook.
> > As there are hardcode references to M: Drive, I would create a folder
> > M on the notebook and in autoexec.bat
> > add this
> > subst M: c:\M
> > This works 100% on Win 98 but how/where do I do this in Win XP?

> > thx
> > Johan van Zyl
> > JVZ.SYSTEMS
> > customised software
> > clarion mssql accpac simply accounting Crystal Reports
> > 8 Westbrooke Voortrekker Road Somerset West 7130 - PO Box 3469
> > Somerset West 7129
> > Tel/Fax 021 851 7205 - Johan 082 875 4238 - Davida 083 774 9 775

> -
> > Johan van Zyl - Somerset West - South Africa
> > JVZ Systems CC

> > Customised Software using Clarion & MS SQL

> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; Data Doctor
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 21 May 2005 09:51:23 GMT
 Autoexec.bat in Win XP
Look at control panes , system  , advanced tab and environment
variables.

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:51:23 -0500, =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?=

Quote:

>Hi,

>  Just for my curiosity, when does this batch file, when put in the
>startup folder, is exactly run?  My question is based on the fact that I
>have an Oracle Database (8i) which is located on a movable HD device (in
>fact a USB2.0 HD).  I would like to initialize some data at the start of
>my computer BUT before Oracle starts up.

>Thanks for the info!

>Stphane

>> Hi Johan.

>> I ended up creating c:\autoexec.bat and adding a shortcut to it to my
>> "StartUp" folder.  Bit of a hack but took less than 2 minutes and seems to
>> work fine <g>...

>> Cheers,

>> Gary.

>> > Hi

>> > We gave to put a client's company data on his notebook.
>> > As there are hardcode references to M: Drive, I would create a folder
>> > M on the notebook and in autoexec.bat
>> > add this
>> > subst M: c:\M
>> > This works 100% on Win 98 but how/where do I do this in Win XP?

>> > thx
>> > Johan van Zyl
>> > JVZ.SYSTEMS
>> > customised software
>> > clarion mssql accpac simply accounting crystal reports
>> > 8 Westbrooke Voortrekker Road Somerset West 7130 - PO Box 3469
>> > Somerset West 7129
>> > Tel/Fax 021 851 7205 - Johan 082 875 4238 - Davida 083 774 9 775

>> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> -
>> > Johan van Zyl - Somerset West - South Africa
>> > JVZ Systems CC

>> > Customised Software using Clarion & MS SQL

>> > http://www.jvz.co.za
>> > http://www.jvz.co.za/pastel - Pastel Utilities & Data Doctor
>> > http://www.jvz.co.za/mssql

>> > http://communities.msn.co.za/ClarionMSSQL
>> > http://communities.msn.co.za/MCSE2001

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 21 May 2005 20:50:54 GMT
 Autoexec.bat in Win XP
Thanks for the info.  Will certainly give it a try!

Stphane

Quote:

> Look at control panes , system  , advanced tab and environment
> variables.

> On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:51:23 -0500, =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?=

> >Hi,

> >  Just for my curiosity, when does this batch file, when put in the
> >startup folder, is exactly run?  My question is based on the fact that I
> >have an Oracle Database (8i) which is located on a movable HD device (in
> >fact a USB2.0 HD).  I would like to initialize some data at the start of
> >my computer BUT before Oracle starts up.

> >Thanks for the info!

> >Stphane

> >> Hi Johan.

> >> I ended up creating c:\autoexec.bat and adding a shortcut to it to my
> >> "StartUp" folder.  Bit of a hack but took less than 2 minutes and seems to
> >> work fine <g>...

> >> Cheers,

> >> Gary.

> >> -

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sun, 22 May 2005 03:09:39 GMT

1. Autoexec.bat in Win XP

2. autoexec.bat

3. autoexec.bat and config.sys use in WindowsME

4. WINDOWS 2000: Setting Autoexec.bat & Config.SYS

5. What means: SET CLIPPER= in autoexec.bat

6. How to edit autoexec.bat

7. PC DOS 7 and REXX and AUTOEXEC.BAT

8. PC DOS 7 and REXX and AUTOEXEC.BAT

9. finding autoexec.bat

10. PC DOS 7 and REXX and AUTOEXEC.BAT

11. Network problem with Win Xp and Win 98

12. Win 2000 and Win XP