Killer corruption of gl_rd.obj
Author Message
 Killer corruption of gl_rd.obj

Hi gang,

In trying to compile my app (using templates under 4.0), I'm getting
the following, dreaded message ...

   (gl.map 1,1) Link Error: Corrupt File (Zero length): ...
   ... C:\clarion4\obj32\gl_rd.obj

My backup (dumb me!) of the app is so old, that I'll lose multos hours
of effort if I have to regress.

I have purged all source (.clw), object (.obj), and resource (.rsc)
files, but alas to no avail. Is there any way to "get inside" the .app
file and make this problem go away? (Or whatEVER?)

All feedback (no matter how bizarre) will be deeply appreciated. (And
I promise to make backups more often.)

Thanks in advance,

             Bill G.

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Killer corruption of gl_rd.obj

Bill,

    The IDE stores the application as ApplicationName.AP~ while you are
working and between compiles, etc. If you have one, rename it to
Something.APP and see if it will open.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    kurtt

Quote:

> Hi gang,

> In trying to compile my app (using templates under 4.0), I'm getting
> the following, dreaded message ...

>    (gl.map 1,1) Link Error: Corrupt File (Zero length): ...
>    ... C:\clarion4\obj32\gl_rd.obj

> My backup (dumb me!) of the app is so old, that I'll lose multos hours
> of effort if I have to regress.

> I have purged all source (.clw), object (.obj), and resource (.rsc)
> files, but alas to no avail. Is there any way to "get inside" the .app
> file and make this problem go away? (Or whatEVER?)

> All feedback (no matter how bizarre) will be deeply appreciated. (And
> I promise to make backups more often.)

> Thanks in advance,

>              Bill G.

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Killer corruption of gl_rd.obj

Hi Bill,

1. Did you run Scandisk and try again
2. Rename your app and try again
3. Copy it to another directory and try again

HTH
Hanspeter Stutz

Quote:
>Hi gang,

>In trying to compile my app (using templates under 4.0), I'm getting
>the following, dreaded message ...

>   (gl.map 1,1) Link Error: Corrupt File (Zero length): ...
>   ... C:\clarion4\obj32\gl_rd.obj

>My backup (dumb me!) of the app is so old, that I'll lose multos hours
>of effort if I have to regress.

>I have purged all source (.clw), object (.obj), and resource (.rsc)
>files, but alas to no avail. Is there any way to "get inside" the .app
>file and make this problem go away? (Or whatEVER?)

>All feedback (no matter how bizarre) will be deeply appreciated. (And
>I promise to make backups more often.)

>Thanks in advance,

>             Bill G.

Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Killer corruption of gl_rd.obj

Quote:

>Hi Bill,
>1. Did you run Scandisk and try again
>2. Rename your app and try again
>3. Copy it to another directory and try again
>HTH
>Hanspeter Stutz

Hi Hanspeter,

Yes, did a Scandisk (I do it in my sleep ;). Didn't try renaming the
app or accessing it in another directory, but I did export it to txa
and browsed it, looking for the bizarre. Found a couple of suspicious
items and got rid of them and then it worked!

I am now a very happy geek and a confirmed backer upper of my app.

Have a great weekend,

Bill G.

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CLARION is unresolved in file d:\cw55\obj\skifer.obj

2. Unresolved External ds_FILEOPEN in abfile.obj, aberror.obj

3. CLIPMXS1.OBJ & CLIPXMS2.OBJ

4. Clipxms1.obj Clipxms2.obj

5. Blxshftr.obj & Blxshftp.obj

6. Problem with 16 bit OBJ - VOLUME.OBJ (0/1)

7. obj.hash now == obj.hash after?

8. obj to VRML & VRML to obj

9. Link a MASM .obj file with a C .obj file

10. VC++ obj file link to asm obj file with alink(not working)

11. Need help linking NASM .obj's to C++ obj's

12. Linking MF copiled obj's with Turbo C++ obj's