Calling 'foreign' DLLs
Author Message
 Calling 'foreign' DLLs

Is it possible to call 32bit DLLs using the Standard Edition of Clarion,
and if so, are the methods as straightforward as in other 'languages'?
It's the one question I must answer to justify a purchase. (How about 16
bit DLLs?)

Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling 'foreign' DLLs

Hi William,

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:27:20 -0500, "William P. LeStrange"

Quote:

>Is it possible to call 32bit DLLs using the Standard Edition of Clarion,
>and if so, are the methods as straightforward as in other 'languages'?
>It's the one question I must answer to justify a purchase. (How about 16
>bit DLLs?)

You should be able to call all 32bit DLL's from a 32bit app and 16
from 16 bit app, provided you can get the prototype for the library.
Normally these are provided in 'C' but it's fairly easy to convert to
CW (some you can convert by using a good editor's search and replace
with some ingenuity;).

Best regards,

|                     Arnor Baldvinsson                            |
| Mail address:  Naestrupvej 44, Sjorring, 7700 Thisted, Denmark   |
| e-mail:                     Web sites:                           |

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. function calls to external dll in 'routine's

2. Lucid's foreign function call interface

3. CMUCL - 'load-foreign' on SGI

4. COM Objects (DLL's) called from C4

5. Calling External DLL's from CW2.003

6. Question with calling DLL's

7. Calling my own Clarion DLL's from MS Word

8. Repost: Call DLL's from Clipper

9. Calling CW-created DLL's

10. need help calling .dll's

11. Calling DLL functions with GROUP's as params

12. Runtime can't be found when calling function in DLL