TopSpeed - ODBC 3.1???? HELP HELP HELP
Author Message
 TopSpeed - ODBC 3.1???? HELP HELP HELP

I posted this question and nobody answered, can someone help me please?

Hi there,
I'm testing the TopSpeed ODBC driver 3.1 for a possible project where we
need transactions and after I created a very simple VB code using ADO to
access the TPS database I got the following error after I called the method
BeginTransaction:

    "Current Provider does not support transactions"

My question is...
Does TopSpeed ODBC driver 3.1 support transactions?

Thank you very much
Michel Fornaris

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:53:52 GMT
 TopSpeed - ODBC 3.1???? HELP HELP HELP
Michel,
I don't think so.  You can take a look at:

http://www.softvelocity.com/products/ODBCspecs.htm

for a list of supported syntax, and the main page:

http://www.softvelocity.com/products/pr_database_tsodbc.htm

indicates that only "most" of the ODBC Level 2 API is supported.  SQLEndTran
was introduced in Level 3.

-Mike

Quote:
> I posted this question and nobody answered, can someone help me please?

> Hi there,
> I'm testing the TopSpeed ODBC driver 3.1 for a possible project where we
> need transactions and after I created a very simple VB code using ADO to
> access the TPS database I got the following error after I called the
method
> BeginTransaction:

>     "Current Provider does not support transactions"

> My question is...
> Does TopSpeed ODBC driver 3.1 support transactions?

> Thank you very much
> Michel Fornaris

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:38:16 GMT

1. Help: Topspeed 3.1 more project settings

2. help please - MF netexpress 3.1, ODBC, dbase,Win2K

3. help! f90.help help help help

4. TopSpeed ODBC driver 3.1 - Transactions

5. Help needed with Topspeed Ver 3.10 Dos, Modula 2

6. HELP!: Possible bug in Topspeed ODBC?

7. ODBC driver topspeed - Please help

9. HELP HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. ODBC Help - CDX Help