Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all
Author Message
 Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all

I brought this up earlier - but just thought I'd mention further
discoveries that I have made.  I was going to make a bug report about the
Std:Cut, Std:Copy & Std:Paste functions not working in 32 bit, but when I
was experimenting with an app - I discovered that they don't work at all.

It is possible to use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V (provided that you don't have
them alerted as hot keys for something else) to cut, copy and paste within
applications that you write - but that works whether you have the "Std:Cut,
Std:Copy, Std:Paste" functions in you application frame or not. You can
have it work with no references whatever to the Std:Cut, Std:Copy,
Std:Paste.

If you have them in the application frame, they just sit there in the
disabled mode whether you are using them or not.  My conclusion is that
they just don't work at all, and the features are just built into
applications without menu references -

I think it would be great if the menu items worked, but I think they should
at least be dropped from the list of features if they don't work at all.
Bill Mell

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all

Quote:
>I brought this up earlier - but just thought I'd mention further
>discoveries that I have made.  I was going to make a bug report about the
>Std:Cut, Std:Copy & Std:Paste functions not working in 32 bit, but when I
>was experimenting with an app - I discovered that they don't work at all.

I agree the menu does not work, (I reported this as a bug some time
ago) but the right mouse button seems to work ok.

As this is actually rather more useful than the menu in many ways, the
situation is not quite as bad as it could be.

I encountered this a while ago, so my recollection of the situation
may be wrong.

George Barwood

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all

Quote:

> >I brought this up earlier - but just thought I'd mention further
> >discoveries that I have made.  I was going to make a bug report about the
> >Std:Cut, Std:Copy & Std:Paste functions not working in 32 bit, but when I
> >was experimenting with an app - I discovered that they don't work at all.

> I agree the menu does not work, (I reported this as a bug some time
> ago) but the right mouse button seems to work ok.

> As this is actually rather more useful than the menu in many ways, the
> situation is not quite as bad as it could be.

> I encountered this a while ago, so my recollection of the situation
> may be wrong.

> George Barwood

Also when you put on a toolbar three button with the std:cut, std:past
and std:copy, this doesn't work at all. This bug did already exist in
Clarion for Windows 1.0.

S. Langendijk

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all

Quote:
>I brought this up earlier - but just thought I'd mention further
>discoveries that I have made.  I was going to make a bug report about the
>Std:Cut, Std:Copy & Std:Paste functions not working in 32 bit, but when I
>was experimenting with an app - I discovered that they don't work at all.

You mean in 32 bit apps - they certainly work in 16 bit compiled apps!

    Geoff Bomford
     ComForMark
  Sydney, Australia

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems

2. STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2

3. C4 Bug?: STD:Cut, Copy, Paste

4. MIL-STD-973 & MIL-STD-498 issue

5. Should MIL-STD-498 replace DOD-STD-2167A?

6. STD:Window - STD:NextWindow & STD:PreviousWindow?

7. STD:PASTE fail in a Button ToolBar

8. Std:Paste Fail in a button toolbar

9. Electronic copy of DOD-STD-2167A

10. ~ unrelated ? on std's

11. STD (long) - What's new ???

12. redirecting compiler's std err to file under winNT