ABC AutoIncrementing outside the templates
Author Message
 ABC AutoIncrementing outside the templates

Is there a function (I guess I should be saying "method") I can call to
autoincrement an autoincrement key, rather than lifting code from a form the
way I used to do it in legacy. Is there a code template to do it? Seems like
a very useful one?

Thanks in anticipation
Warren Marshall

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC AutoIncrementing outside the templates
Quote:

> Is there a function (I guess I should be saying "method") I can call to
> autoincrement an autoincrement key, rather than lifting code from a form the
> way I used to do it in legacy. Is there a code template to do it? Seems like
> a very useful one?

Access:file.primeautoinc() will do only auto inc. If you want to prime the
reocrd look at primerecord. That will set any fields to their default value as
well. If you are in a browse and have a range set, and call viewmanager
primerecord then the field involved in the range get set so the new record
added is in the browse range.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with trouble autoincrementing non-ABC

2. C4 - Autoincrementing default values for multi-valued template symbols

3. ABC Select Directory template ABC

4. ABC templates... can i change an applications templates

5. Clarion templates to ABC templates

6. Conersion from Clarion Templates to ABC templates

7. SQL and Clarion template vs ABC template

8. Nettools Template for Clarion 5 for ABC Templates

9. Mail and Fax Templates Problem - C5EE - ABC templates

10. Wierd problem when calling function ABC as: [ABC] *or* eval ABC

11. Tim Phillips - ABC free templates

12. ABC&Clarion templates