go to www.integrasystems.co.za

What website do you get?

Tim Morrison

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:40:04 GMT
 Is this a trap?
seems to be an IIS5 server without default document.

it is registered to datapro.co.za

Regards

Ben

Quote:
> go to www.integrasystems.co.za

> What website do you get?

> Tim Morrison

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:51:35 GMT
 Is this a trap?
Ping the address.

127.0.0.1

NeoTrace called it a "Test Loopback"

What you end up looking at is your own system.

What whould be the purpose of doing this?

Tim Morrison

Quote:
> seems to be an IIS5 server without default document.

> it is registered to datapro.co.za

> Regards

> Ben

> > go to www.integrasystems.co.za

> > What website do you get?

> > Tim Morrison

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:56:46 GMT
 Is this a trap?
Hi

I got the main server page on their system, and it opend the help
documentation on my machine...

This is how IIS works, it opens the local documents if it is available,
instead of downloading the documents form the affected server..

(I have noticed this behaviour previously)

Regards

Ben

Quote:
> Ping the address.

> 127.0.0.1

> NeoTrace called it a "Test Loopback"

> What you end up looking at is your own system.

> What whould be the purpose of doing this?

> Tim Morrison

> > seems to be an IIS5 server without default document.

> > it is registered to datapro.co.za

> > Regards

> > Ben

> > > go to www.integrasystems.co.za

> > > What website do you get?

> > > Tim Morrison

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:58:55 GMT
 Is this a trap?
Just weird....

I had a wep page I had been working on on my system (default.htm) and when I
went to that site, it had appeared that they had my page as THEIR default
page.... first thing through my head is "How did they get this", then I did
a ping on the address got 127.0.0.1, did a NeoTrace and thats when I found
out it was a "test loopback" system.

Tim Morrison

Quote:
> Hi

> I got the main server page on their system, and it opend the help
> documentation on my machine...

> This is how IIS works, it opens the local documents if it is available,
> instead of downloading the documents form the affected server..

> (I have noticed this behaviour previously)

> Regards

> Ben

> > Ping the address.

> > 127.0.0.1

> > NeoTrace called it a "Test Loopback"

> > What you end up looking at is your own system.

> > What whould be the purpose of doing this?

> > Tim Morrison

> > > seems to be an IIS5 server without default document.

> > > it is registered to datapro.co.za

> > > Regards

> > > Ben

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:14:30 GMT
 Is this a trap?
There's a technique often used to block ads, which is to set your HOSTS
(LMHOSTS?)file so that known advertising domains are blocked.  ie in your
hosts file the domain is set to 127.0.0.1 which effectivly blocks that
domain, and hence saves you bandwidth.

Perhaps you are using such an ad blocking tool?

Cheers
Bruce

Quote:
> Just weird....

> I had a wep page I had been working on on my system (default.htm) and when
> went to that site, it had appeared that they had my page as THEIR default
> page.... first thing through my head is "How did they get this", then I
did
> a ping on the address got 127.0.0.1, did a NeoTrace and thats when I found
> out it was a "test loopback" system.

> Tim Morrison

> > Hi

> > I got the main server page on their system, and it opend the help
> > documentation on my machine...

> > This is how IIS works, it opens the local documents if it is available,
> > instead of downloading the documents form the affected server..

> > (I have noticed this behaviour previously)

> > Regards

> > Ben

> > > Ping the address.

> > > 127.0.0.1

> > > NeoTrace called it a "Test Loopback"

> > > What you end up looking at is your own system.

> > > What whould be the purpose of doing this?

> > > Tim Morrison

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:17:37 GMT
 Is this a trap?
Not sure.... I have no much stuff on here, I dont know if I have one or not.

Guess just because I have 120 GB Hard Drive, doesent mean I HAVE to fill it
up huh? ...lol.....

Thanks Bruce,

Tim Morrison

Quote:
> There's a technique often used to block ads, which is to set your HOSTS
> (LMHOSTS?)file so that known advertising domains are blocked.  ie in your
> hosts file the domain is set to 127.0.0.1 which effectivly blocks that
> domain, and hence saves you bandwidth.

> Perhaps you are using such an ad blocking tool?

> Cheers
> Bruce

> > Just weird....

> > I had a wep page I had been working on on my system (default.htm) and
when
> > went to that site, it had appeared that they had my page as THEIR
default
> > page.... first thing through my head is "How did they get this", then I
> did
> > a ping on the address got 127.0.0.1, did a NeoTrace and thats when I
found
> > out it was a "test loopback" system.

> > Tim Morrison

> > > Hi

> > > I got the main server page on their system, and it opend the help
> > > documentation on my machine...

> > > This is how IIS works, it opens the local documents if it is
available,
> > > instead of downloading the documents form the affected server..

> > > (I have noticed this behaviour previously)

> > > Regards

> > > Ben

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 20:01:49 GMT
 Is this a trap?
Before we get too carried away.

The main problem is that THERE IS NO WESBSITE www.integrasystems.co.za.

It is my domain name and I have never created a website for it.  As stated
it is registered under Datapro (www.datapro.co.za) who is my ISP.

I guess that it is your own web servers that are responding especially as
you keep getiing your own localhost address (127.0.0.1).

I hope that this solves some of the mystery.

Regards

--
Malcolm Gar{*filter*}

INTEGRA Systems
P O Box 3591
SOMERSET WEST
7129

Mobile: +27 (0) 82 445 6405

*
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may
be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any
part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying
to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to
ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail and the sender cannot
accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this
e-mail or attachments.
*

Quote:
> go to www.integrasystems.co.za

> What website do you get?

> Tim Morrison

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:49:45 GMT

1. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

2. Need ideas on trapping the TAB key

3. ESA/390 TRAP instruction

4. Help trapping S113 ABEND

5. x37 Abend trapping in ASM

6. x37 Abend trapping in ASM

7. TRAP Iinstruction

8. Trap PDS member update / recognize SRB mode

9. APL*PLUS II Error trapping

10. HELP: key trapping in gwbasic

11. []TRAP in Sharp APL

12. Trapping Windows shutdown in VW