Excel internal format
Author Message
 Excel internal format

Hi

Does anybody know internal excel format (7.0) to
read any excel file in binary mode.

I need it because I dislike use DDE or OLE -
it takes a lot of time and I want to get info as soon as
possible.

Example: I read a message using POP3, extract
the attached file (excel format) and get some data
from it.  All these operations pass in memory not
using any disk operations.

Any Excel's API to read a file (not loading excel) would be the best.

With regards
Igor

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Hi Igor,

Check http://wotsit.simsware.com/. There are different file formats there. I
don't know if what you need can be found there though.

Regards,
Valentine Russev

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Check out microsoft.com. I got a white paper from there (don't ask where
exactly from).

Quote:

> Hi

> Does anybody know internal excel format (7.0) to
> read any excel file in binary mode.

> I need it because I dislike use DDE or OLE -
> it takes a lot of time and I want to get info as soon as
> possible.

> Example: I read a message using POP3, extract
> the attached file (excel format) and get some data
> from it.  All these operations pass in memory not
> using any disk operations.

> Any Excel's API to read a file (not loading excel) would be the best.

Sat, 18 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Igor,

We use Formula One OCX to read Excel files all of the time.  You then
have full programtic control over data and can pull in any data to your
program and vice-versa.

Good Luck

Quote:

> Hi

> Does anybody know internal excel format (7.0) to
> read any excel file in binary mode.

> I need it because I dislike use DDE or OLE -
> it takes a lot of time and I want to get info as soon as
> possible.

> Example: I read a message using POP3, extract
> the attached file (excel format) and get some data
> from it.  All these operations pass in memory not
> using any disk operations.

> Any Excel's API to read a file (not loading excel) would be the best.

> With regards
> Igor

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Hi DaytDog,

Quote:
>We use Formula One OCX to read Excel files all of the time.  You then
>have full programtic control over data and can pull in any data to your
>program and vice-versa.

Can you Read/Write formulas in the cells with this OCX?

Regards,
Valentine Russev

Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Val,

You have full control over just about everything including reading and
writing formulas.  For instance, we store formulas modified by users in
the Topspeed file and then restore to the default spreadsheet when
re-opened.  That way we do not have to keep multiple copies of the
spreadsheet for one formula change.

Rick

Quote:

> Hi DaytDog,

> >We use Formula One OCX to read Excel files all of the time.  You then
> >have full programtic control over data and can pull in any data to your
> >program and vice-versa.

> Can you Read/Write formulas in the cells with this OCX?

> Regards,
> Valentine Russev

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Hi DaytDog,
I saw your reponse to Igor re the Formula One OCX.

I using the OCX at the moment. Mostly the internal routines.
[some just work, some just dont - I am the problem]

Works great if you can get your head around the VB to clarion
conversion.[Roberto Ivon Dibildox via Comp.lang.clarion has helped me
alot]

I would like to use some of the functions in the LIB/DLL that come with
the OCX.

Have you created the function prototypes for CW2003 or CW4 ?

There was talk that a "wrapper template" could be written for CW.

I believe that the OCX is a very powerfull tool for developers but due
to the company, "Visual components", refusing to support Clarion, the
Power to us cannot be fully unlocked.

If you have unlocked it within the CW world, have you considered doing
an "icetip" on it or "a formula one OCX for CW Dummies" and offering to
the CW developers.

I know that I would be one of your first customers ! and eternally
grateful.

regards

Quote:

> Igor,

> We use Formula One OCX to read Excel files all of the time.  You then
> have full programtic control over data and can pull in any data to your
> program and vice-versa.

> Good Luck

Wed, 22 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Hi,
Please can you give me the web address of Formula One or details on how
to get this OCX?

Thanks.

Ayo.

Wed, 22 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

www.visualcomp.com

--
Mike Pickus

Quote:

>Hi,
>Please can you give me the web address of Formula One or details on how
>to get this OCX?

>Thanks.

>Ayo.

Thu, 23 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Hi Ayodele,

Check out  http://www.visualcomp.com/

Regards,

Valentine Russev

Thu, 23 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel internal format

Thanx.

Quote:

> Hi Ayodele,

> Check out  http://www.visualcomp.com/

> Regards,

> Valentine Russev

Thu, 23 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Excel internal format & CW

2. How to save a file as EXCEL format?

3. Printing to Excel format

4. Time Format In Excel

5. Excel 97 file format ?

6. Saving Excel files in dBase format?

7. Exporting data from clusters into a format Excel can read

8. Worksheet Library (Lotus/Excel) or File format

9. to store data in excel format using write to spreadsheet file

10. Some troubles with Excel formatting a cell in python

11. Output to Excel FOrmat

12. Excel xls file format