Report Writer and Password
Author Message
 Report Writer and Password

I want ot protect the library which contains my reports. So, I gave a
password to the Library properties.
Of course, the user does not knows the password.
If you want to run a report, the manual says than you can give the
following  coomand:

c5printx myfle.txr myreport /P"mypassword"

This does not work. The users sees a small window and must give the
password.
An help will be welcome
Spyros

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:46:43 GMT
 Report Writer and Password
See the articles in the January editions of Clarion Magazine for the answer
to this problem.

--
Ben E. Brady
http://www.y2kbrady.com/diabetes/

Quote:
> I want ot protect the library which contains my reports. So, I gave a
> password to the Library properties.
> Of course, the user does not knows the password.
> If you want to run a report, the manual says than you can give the
> following  coomand:

> c5printx myfle.txr myreport /P"mypassword"

> This does not work. The users sees a small window and must give the
> password.
> An help will be welcome
> Spyros

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:56:45 GMT
 Report Writer and Password
If you know how, Why dont you just tell him :-)

Quote:
> See the articles in the January editions of Clarion Magazine for the
answer
> to this problem.

> --
> Ben E. Brady
> http://www.y2kbrady.com/diabetes/
> Read the article... don't wait for the movie...

> > I want ot protect the library which contains my reports. So, I gave a
> > password to the Library properties.
> > Of course, the user does not knows the password.
> > If you want to run a report, the manual says than you can give the
> > following  coomand:

> > c5printx myfle.txr myreport /P"mypassword"

> > This does not work. The users sees a small window and must give the
> > password.
> > An help will be welcome
> > Spyros

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:56:45 GMT
 Report Writer and Password
It is true that I have not been subscibed to Clarion Magazine and I
cannot read the answer.
If anyone knows how to run the c5printx myfile myreport /P"mypassword"
command,  please tell me.
Spyros

On Mon, 26 May 2003 11:56:45 +0200, "Ole-Morten Heien"

Quote:

>If you know how, Why dont you just tell him :-)

>> See the articles in the January editions of Clarion Magazine for the
>answer
>> to this problem.

>> --
>> Ben E. Brady
>> http://www.y2kbrady.com/diabetes/
>> Read the article... don't wait for the movie...

>> > I want ot protect the library which contains my reports. So, I gave a
>> > password to the Library properties.
>> > Of course, the user does not knows the password.
>> > If you want to run a report, the manual says than you can give the
>> > following  coomand:

>> > c5printx myfle.txr myreport /P"mypassword"

>> > This does not work. The users sees a small window and must give the
>> > password.
>> > An help will be welcome
>> > Spyros

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:07:08 GMT
 Report Writer and Password
Your usage looks correct.
Are you sure you are seeing a window for the library password and not for
a pasword to an encrypted data file used by the library?

    Tim

Quote:
> I want ot protect the library which contains my reports. So, I gave a
> password to the Library properties.
> Of course, the user does not knows the password.
> If you want to run a report, the manual says than you can give the
> following  coomand:

> c5printx myfle.txr myreport /P"mypassword"

> This does not work. The users sees a small window and must give the
> password.
> An help will be welcome
> Spyros

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:39:30 GMT

1. Report Writer, Crystal Reports

2. exporting report procedure to report writer

3. HURRY - CW4 external Report Writer (TXR) and 2 detail on 1 report

4. Sending Filters To a Cw Report Writer Report

5. Report Writer - Total Only Report

6. Printing Report Writer report to a file?

7. converting Report Writer reports to APP Procedures.

8. Crystal Reports or other Report Writer

9. Report Writer vs. Report Formatter

10. Sending Filters To a Cw Report Writer Report

11. Multiple report copies in CW Report Writer

12. R&R Report Writer & Report Smith