RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
Author Message
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish

I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it is
not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the next
set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish of
execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and how to
get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:32:38 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
Buy LSZip, it is well worth the money.
http://www.lindersoftware.com/

Quote:
> I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
is
> not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
next
> set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish of
> execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and how
> get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:24:59 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
This is what I am actually using to unzip the files, but keep getting errors
from the system because it says the files are not there for me to use
because the unzip is not yet finished.  I do not have this problem every
time, just sporadically.

Quote:

> Buy LSZip, it is well worth the money.
> http://www.lindersoftware.com/

> > I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
> is
> > not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
> next
> > set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish
of
> > execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and
how
> > get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:38:32 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
LSZip (LSUNZIP) are separate DLL's compiled into your app. You would not use
the RUN command for these.

If you really are using LSZip, I would suggest contacting Friedrich Linder
by e-mail. He may be able to help.

Quote:
> This is what I am actually using to unzip the files, but keep getting
errors
> from the system because it says the files are not there for me to use
> because the unzip is not yet finished.  I do not have this problem every
> time, just sporadically.

> > Buy LSZip, it is well worth the money.
> > http://www.lindersoftware.com/

> > > I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is,
it
> > is
> > > not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
> > next
> > > set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish
> of
> > > execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and
> how
> > > get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:05:15 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
Like I said, I am using the RUN command to unzip, but am not using LSUNZIP
explicitly.  I am actually trying to run a batch file to unzip.

Quote:

> LSZip (LSUNZIP) are separate DLL's compiled into your app. You would not
use
> the RUN command for these.

> If you really are using LSZip, I would suggest contacting Friedrich Linder
> by e-mail. He may be able to help.

> > This is what I am actually using to unzip the files, but keep getting
> errors
> > from the system because it says the files are not there for me to use
> > because the unzip is not yet finished.  I do not have this problem every
> > time, just sporadically.

> > > Buy LSZip, it is well worth the money.
> > > http://www.lindersoftware.com/

> it
> > > is
> > > next
> > of
> > how

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:22:23 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish

Quote:
> I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
is
> not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
next
> set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish of
> execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and how
> get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Hi Heather,

Look in the help documentation at the optional second parameter to the RUN
command. I think this is probably what you are looking for.

Jeff Berlinghoff

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:47:30 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
Heather,

Are you setting the WAIT flag on the run statement?  RUN('MyProgram.exe',1)

Quote:
> I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
is
> not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
next
> set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish of
> execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and how
> get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 03:16:20 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
Maybe you could ...

    LOOP
        IF EXIST(filename) THEN BREAK.
    END

To make sure the file is unzipped before proceeding. Redirecting the console
output to a file will also speed up the unzip process.

HTH

Greg

Quote:
> I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
is
> not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
next
> set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish of
> execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and how
> get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 03:24:37 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
Get my free PowerRUN and use it instead of RUN().

Greg Berthume
Berthume Software
www.berthume.com
www.cptracker.net
cpTracker - Contact Management | Project Management | Bug Tracking | Bulk
EMailing | Sales Tracking

Quote:
> I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
is
> not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
next
> set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish of
> execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and how
> get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:44:38 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
I agree...I've had problem using the Clarion RUN, but since I started using
PowerRUN, no problems, and it does so much more.  Good luck.

Jason

Quote:
> Get my free PowerRUN and use it instead of RUN().

> Greg Berthume
> Berthume Software
> www.berthume.com
> www.cptracker.net
> cpTracker - Contact Management | Project Management | Bug Tracking | Bulk
> EMailing | Sales Tracking

> > I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
> is
> > not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
> next
> > set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish
of
> > execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and
how
> > get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:46:42 GMT
 RUN used in program, but not waiting for process to finish
This seems to be the perfect fix.  Thanks so much.  Was actually suggested
to me by someone else also.

Quote:
> Get my free PowerRUN and use it instead of RUN().

> Greg Berthume
> Berthume Software
> www.berthume.com
> www.cptracker.net
> cpTracker - Contact Management | Project Management | Bug Tracking | Bulk
> EMailing | Sales Tracking

> > I am using the RUN command in a program to unzip a file.  Problem is, it
> is
> > not waiting to fully finish unzipping the file before moving on to the
> next
> > set of code even though I am using the waitflag to wait for the finish
of
> > execution.  Is there anyone who knows why this would be happening and
how
> > get it to actually do what it's supposed to?

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:38:03 GMT

1. Waiting for processes to finish under Solaris

2. waiting for an exec'ed process to finish

3. One proc does not wait until one another finished

4. Wait until program finish on CW5ee

5. calling a program without waiting for it to finish

6. commands are not executed until background process finish

7. RUN and wait for spawned process

8. Using exec or bgexec to run programs that should not terminate

9. Run Time Menu and Wait for Front Panel Event does not work together

10. wait for Windows application to finish

11. waiting for `backquotes` to finish

12. How to wait until exec is finished?