O/S Error 183
Author Message
 O/S Error 183

I load Clarion 4b
I load a source file
I make changes
I try to save and get a Clarion message saying O/S Error 183
It doesn't save

What does that error mean?

Stephen Fulton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 O/S Error 183
Found the problem myself!
It's a bug in Clarion.
If you try and save a .clw file in Clarion it first tries to save the
old file in a .bak file
If the .bak file is read-only it comes back with O/S Error 183 and
doesn't save.
So you have no way of saving your work unless you know what's gone
wrong. (And it blames the operating system <g> )

What it should do :
A) Tell you the .bak file is read-only and ask do you want to save.
OR
B) Save anyway (as it was told to do) and don't make a backup

Stephen Fulton.

Quote:

> I load Clarion 4b
> I load a source file
> I make changes
> I try to save and get a Clarion message saying O/S Error 183
> It doesn't save

> What does that error mean?

> Stephen Fulton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Extended Error 183 ?

2. Extended error 183

3. Extended Error 183

4. extended error 183

5. Scheme Digest V3 #183

6. TIP #183: Add a Binary Flag to [open]

7. os._exit(), os.kill(os.getpid(), 9)

8. Tutorial's for SS 2003

9. Camp Smalltalk At SS 2003

10. SS 2003 Schedules