Urgent Help Needed
Author Message
 Urgent Help Needed

I have An app that is written in CW2.003 stored on an nt4 server, Most days
there
are 4 -5 Users, They all access the same browse window and insert from that
window, they all have the same spec computers (celeron 400 with 64 mb Ram,
3com 100mbit network cards, The data file is a tps,  the routine has an auto
number set from within the dictarony file,
Sometimes it can take upto 3 minutes before you get the insert window, I
have turned off the oplocks on the server as I thought it might be a locking
problem, and now turned of writeback caching, Still some computers are fine
others are slow,  I am stuck my customer is going mad !!! , Help
Thanks
Martin

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent Help Needed

Quote:
>"Still some computers are fine others are slow"

Martin, I think this gives you a good starting point.  Does this mean
certain computers are slow and certain computers are normal?  If so, swap
the location of a normal and a slow computer (physically) on the network,
and see if the problem follows the computer or stays with the location.
Or, do you mean some are normal and some are slow, but not consistent as to
which?  In this case, try to determine if the problem  is related to logon
sequence, program loading sequence, etc.  You may have to insert some
trace/log code to track where in the code the execution is bogging.
Obviously, the record priming procedure would be a good place to start.

There are several threads in this and the TopSpeed ng's re: this problem,
and some suggestions to follow, but no definitive solution that I can
recall.

HTH,
  Fred.

Quote:
> I have An app that is written in CW2.003 stored on an nt4 server, Most
days
> there
> are 4 -5 Users, They all access the same browse window and insert from
that
> window, they all have the same spec computers (celeron 400 with 64 mb Ram,
> 3com 100mbit network cards, The data file is a tps,  the routine has an
auto
> number set from within the dictarony file,
> Sometimes it can take upto 3 minutes before you get the insert window, I
> have turned off the oplocks on the server as I thought it might be a
locking
> problem, and now turned of writeback caching, Still some computers are
fine
> others are slow,  I am stuck my customer is going mad !!! , Help
> Thanks
> Martin

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

2. urgent help needed

3. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

4. *URGENT* Help need with data export

5. Urgent help needed about Clarion 4

6. Urgent Help Needed !!! RE:Copying of procedures

7. Urgent Help needed

8. INDEXING PROBLEM - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

9. Clarion for Dos and Celeron Processor - URGENT HELP NEEDED

10. Network problem - URGENT help needed

11. URGENT HELP NEEDED : PROCESSOR OCCUPATION IN WINDOWS NT

12. VERY URGENT Help Needed: Are these Clipper files?