NOT Allow Inserts not working 
Author Message
 NOT Allow Inserts not working

IN the browse, very late in INIT, BRWx.InsertControl = 0 will turn off the
button
(disable it).

--

Steve Parker

--------------------------------------------------
kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com
--------------------------------------------------


Quote:
> C5.5EE.ABC

> I have a form and I don't want any Inserts on it.
> I unchecked Allow inserts.  When I click on insert from the browse,
> the form appears, then the error pops up (no inserts allowed) and it
> falls back to the browse BUT it created a blank record.  What could be
> wrong here?
> I looked at my EMBEDS and the only opening or closing embeds is in the
> CloseWwindow where I reset 3 globals to " ".

> Jim



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:46:12 GMT  
 NOT Allow Inserts not working
That did it!  Thanks again.

How can I disable globaly getting insert,change,delete by a right
mouse click?
Jim

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:33:39 -0500, "Steve Parker"

Quote:

>IN the browse, very late in INIT, BRWx.InsertControl = 0 will turn off the
>button
>(disable it).



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:46:15 GMT  
 NOT Allow Inserts not working
C5.5EE.ABC

I have a form and I don't want any Inserts on it.
I unchecked Allow inserts.  When I click on insert from the browse,
the form appears, then the error pops up (no inserts allowed) and it
falls back to the browse BUT it created a blank record.  What could be
wrong here?
I looked at my EMBEDS and the only opening or closing embeds is in the
CloseWwindow where I reset 3 globals to " ".

Jim



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:46:08 GMT  
 NOT Allow Inserts not working
Can't as far as I know. Maybe a small template.

--

Steve Parker

--------------------------------------------------
kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com
--------------------------------------------------


Quote:
> That did it!  Thanks again.

> How can I disable globaly getting insert,change,delete by a right
> mouse click?
> Jim

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:33:39 -0500, "Steve Parker"

> >IN the browse, very late in INIT, BRWx.InsertControl = 0 will turn off
the
> >button
> >(disable it).



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:46:45 GMT  
 NOT Allow Inserts not working
The ABCFree Templates by Vince S have a template that will add code to the
init embed of all forms.
you can add code which displays a message then returns to the calling
procedure using this.
This technique doesn't "disable" the insert, it just gives a message saying
you can't do
this (and in my case suggesting a license upgrade!).  maybe that would do?
Cheers!
Dave Beggs

Quote:
> Can't as far as I know. Maybe a small template.

> --

> Steve Parker

> --------------------------------------------------
> kb and download center at:
>      www.par2.com
> --------------------------------------------------



> > That did it!  Thanks again.

> > How can I disable globaly getting insert,change,delete by a right
> > mouse click?
> > Jim

> > On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:33:39 -0500, "Steve Parker"

> > >IN the browse, very late in INIT, BRWx.InsertControl = 0 will turn off
> the
> > >button
> > >(disable it).



Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:46:46 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Insert, change, delete with toolbar does not work

2. totaling (after insert/chg) not working in browse

3. tag add insert does not work

4. On Windows, paste is Shift-Insert, not Insert

5. REALdatabase not null and primary key not working

6. Q: (IF WS-VAR NOT = SPACE) does not work in DBCS context

7. tcl/tk man pages use .HS, not .TH for title, so man -k does not work

8. APL2 will not allowing copying.

9. why text entry does not allow Capitalized Case?

10. Application not allowing it to run?!?!?!?

11. test - Posting not allowed by server??

12. Run Time Error - Parameter not in allowed range

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software