Browse grid and Dynamic Image question
Author Message
 Browse grid and Dynamic Image question

I want make thumbnails viewer for images.
I create browse with grid and use dynamic image control temaplate. How to
make this control to resize image with H-V ratio?

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:12:15 GMT
 Browse grid and Dynamic Image question
Not sure I completely understand the question but I think I'd first
create the thumbnail "hidden", determine the H/V ratio using properties,
resize either the Horizontal OR Vertical to whatever I needed and then
force the OTHER dimension based on the H/V ratio.  This would keep the
aspect ratio constant which I think is what you want to accomplish.

Al

Quote:

> I want make thumbnails viewer for images.
> I create browse with grid and use dynamic image control temaplate. How to
> make this control to resize image with H-V ratio?

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:16:29 GMT
 Browse grid and Dynamic Image question

Quote:

> I want make thumbnails viewer for images.
> I create browse with grid and use dynamic image control temaplate. How to
> make this control to resize image with H-V ratio?

Having done this myself, the easiest way that I have found is to use two
great products from Solid Software

( www.solidsoftware.de )

ImageEx and SysList.

ImageEx takes care of all the details of creating proper thumbnails as well
as giving you all the other image manipulation tools that you might need.

Syslist will present these in either a vertical listbox (with other data) or
as a grid (XX rows x YY columns) of thumbnails and you can allow the user to
select a record for editing (or whatever) by simply clicking the image.

Best of all the way Syslist works as a virtual listbox (meaning that only
the thumbnail images that need to be displayed are actually in memory at one
time) is VERY fast and memory efficient.  Your application could easily
handle any number of images in a list.

Of course it goes without saying that support from the company is first
class!

HTH,

Charles Edmonds

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:28:54 GMT
 Browse grid and Dynamic Image question
Don't have ImageEx (Yet), but I must say SYSLIST is a great wrapper for the
Windows Common List Control.  I am amazed at the speed it processes some of
the info I throw at it...

GREAT PRODUCT!

Ben Kim

Quote:

> > I want make thumbnails viewer for images.
> > I create browse with grid and use dynamic image control temaplate. How
> > make this control to resize image with H-V ratio?

> Having done this myself, the easiest way that I have found is to use two
> great products from Solid Software

> ( www.solidsoftware.de )

> ImageEx and SysList.

> ImageEx takes care of all the details of creating proper thumbnails as
well
> as giving you all the other image manipulation tools that you might need.

> Syslist will present these in either a vertical listbox (with other data)
or
> as a grid (XX rows x YY columns) of thumbnails and you can allow the user
> select a record for editing (or whatever) by simply clicking the image.

> Best of all the way Syslist works as a virtual listbox (meaning that only
> the thumbnail images that need to be displayed are actually in memory at
one
> time) is VERY fast and memory efficient.  Your application could easily
> handle any number of images in a list.

> Of course it goes without saying that support from the company is first
> class!

> HTH,

> Charles Edmonds

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:49:16 GMT
 Browse grid and Dynamic Image question

Quote:
> Don't have ImageEx (Yet), but I must say SYSLIST is a great wrapper for
the
> Windows Common List Control.  I am amazed at the speed it processes some
of
> the info I throw at it...

> GREAT PRODUCT!

I agree.

I find that it is surprising just how fast and well it works too.

Then went the light bulb in your head comes on and you realize just how
efficient the process is (in that it is only loading relevant data for the
actual rows on display), it is one of those "smack yourself in the middle of
the forehead" and marvel at the mystery events...

BTW - I find that it is just as fast when doing my thumbnail browses!

Charles Edmonds

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:09:01 GMT

1. dynamic string in a grid box

2. Browse Grid Template Help

3. browse grid

4. Browse Grid example

5. Grid control Dyna Image from blob

6. resizing the grid of an image

7. getting an image-bearing widget to refresh its image (bonus question: at regular intervals)

8. Grid-View or AX Grid Control for Dolphin

9. Grids and Grids

10. grid places new cell over old one (disabled with grid remove)

11. Ystok-Grid - CAPI-based grid widget - version 0.1.001

12. Q: A grid into a grid doesn't expand