How To Do Variable 'Range Limit'
Author Message
 How To Do Variable 'Range Limit'

Dear Developers.

I am using Cw4 Legacy

Please Help!

I have a browse box with two tabs. Each tab displays records using a
different key. Also, each tab has a select button based on the key.

How do I make the browse box display record based on the vale of the select
Botton on each key. Note, the button is a lookup to a parent file to the
browse file.

Many thanks in advance.

Femi

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Do Variable 'Range Limit'
Femi

I'm assuming that the two files are linked via a unique record ID field.
Create a global variable to hold this value.  Place this variable on your
browse and use the field lookup procedure extension template to get the ID
value from the appropriate parent record and put it in the global variable.
Then use either a range or filter based on the global variable for your
browse.  I usually hide the global variable on the browse and if appropriate
put a string field on the browse that displays the name or whatever field best
identifies the parent record instead of displaying the ID field which generally
means nothing to the user.

HTH

Gary

Quote:

> Dear Developers.

> I am using Cw4 Legacy

> Please Help!

> I have a browse box with two tabs. Each tab displays records using a
> different key. Also, each tab has a select button based on the key.

> How do I make the browse box display record based on the vale of the select
> Botton on each key. Note, the button is a lookup to a parent file to the
> browse file.

> Many thanks in advance.

> Femi

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. More than one 'Range Limit Field'

2. Range limit doesn't work on SQL

3. Done with range limit over three component key!!! :-)

4. Locator on Browse with Range limit : 'RANGE OF VALUES'

5. un-'upvar'ing/un-'global'ing variables

6. CW 4 Problem -Range limit variables wiped out by browse

7. 'jump out of range'

8. errors when doing 'make test'

9. Have you ever done 'namespace delete ::'?

10. Range limits type : Range of values

11. 'Dynamic Pool Limit exceeded' in 4C

12. Limits of Clipper DBF's and NTX's