Help needed... URGENT
Author Message
 Help needed... URGENT

I have to write an app to Read the file into a database and Print a TEXT
file.
Then copy the file to a 'Completed' folder & delete it

An Industrial controller creates either a file name RESULTS.TXT
or RANDOM filename (configurable).

I've created a Timer event on the main window.
and a Report Procedure for the ASCII file (results.txt)

if exists('result.txt')
   start(ReportProcedure,5000)
   copy....
   remove....
end

the above works fine - until that is a results.txt file arrives in the
working folder
Then I get an File Access Error....

File Results.Txt could not be opened. File not found(2). Press OK to end
this application

HELP !!!

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:30:41 GMT
 Help needed... URGENT
you need to define the path of the results.txt file - explicitly. ie
c:\c\y\z\results.txt.
define it in your dictionary as well as the timer code

Quote:
> I have to write an app to Read the file into a database and Print a TEXT
> file.
> Then copy the file to a 'Completed' folder & delete it

> An Industrial controller creates either a file name RESULTS.TXT
> or RANDOM filename (configurable).

> I've created a Timer event on the main window.
> and a Report Procedure for the ASCII file (results.txt)

> if exists('result.txt')
>    start(ReportProcedure,5000)
>    copy....
>    remove....
> end

> the above works fine - until that is a results.txt file arrives in the
> working folder
> Then I get an File Access Error....

> File Results.Txt could not be opened. File not found(2). Press OK to end
> this application

> HELP !!!

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:39:19 GMT
 Help needed... URGENT
Got the printing of a named file to work

Just for info - got rid of START - Thanks to Steve Parker.

Now, how do I find names of RANDOM filenames !

Quote:
> I have to write an app to Read the file into a database and Print a TEXT
> file.
> Then copy the file to a 'Completed' folder & delete it

> An Industrial controller creates either a file name RESULTS.TXT
> or RANDOM filename (configurable).

> I've created a Timer event on the main window.
> and a Report Procedure for the ASCII file (results.txt)

> if exists('result.txt')
>    start(ReportProcedure,5000)
>    copy....
>    remove....
> end

> the above works fine - until that is a results.txt file arrives in the
> working folder
> Then I get an File Access Error....

> File Results.Txt could not be opened. File not found(2). Press OK to end
> this application

> HELP !!!

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:34:26 GMT
 Help needed... URGENT
Hi bas,

Quote:
> Now, how do I find names of RANDOM filenames !

    Look up DIRECTORY() in the on-line help for ideas on retrieving file
names from a folder.  Or look up GetTempFileName() in C55Util.clw on how to
generate a unique file name.

Edward

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 05:55:10 GMT

1. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

2. HELP NEEDED !! URGENT !!

3. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

4. urgent! need help with database bindings

5. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

6. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

7. urgent help needed

8. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

9. *URGENT* Help need with data export

10. Urgent-Need help with batch update