How to reset the Newsgroups in news.softvelocity.com 
Author Message
 How to reset the Newsgroups in news.softvelocity.com

Obviously people have now noticed that there was a problem with the
Softvelocity newserver.  This appears to now have been sorted out, however
some newsreaders will still have problems reading new messages until they
are reset.  There are two ways to do this:-

Using MS Outlook

Right mouse click on the newsgroup and select Properties.
On the 'Local File' tab, click on the reset button.  This will remove all
messages.
When you next go to that group, it then will work ok.

The alternative is to unsubscribe to each newsgroup and then re-subscribe
again.  I've not tried this method but Russ mentioned it in a post
elsewhere.

HTH

Cheers
Simon Burrows
*** NEW *** Screen Redesigner templates - Let your customers change your
screen layouts to suit their needs at runtime.
Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
application
Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates
Free template sets
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:03:44 GMT  
 How to reset the Newsgroups in news.softvelocity.com
Um, might one suggest that if someone can read this message that they would
not need help and that only the people who can't read it need to read
it?????

          /ken

Quote:
> Obviously people have now noticed that there was a problem with the
> Softvelocity newserver.  This appears to now have been sorted out, however
> some newsreaders will still have problems reading new messages until they
> are reset.  There are two ways to do this:-



Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:19:49 GMT  
 How to reset the Newsgroups in news.softvelocity.com
Um One might suggest that, but as comp.lang.clarion is not hosted by
SoftVelocity, it hasn't been effected by the 'hiccup' which is why these
messages are getting through OK.

I can understand the logic though! <g>

Cheers
Simon Burrows
*** NEW *** Screen Redesigner templates - Let your customers change your
screen layouts to suit their needs at runtime.
Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
application
Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates
Free template sets
http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk


Quote:
> Um, might one suggest that if someone can read this message that they
would
> not need help and that only the people who can't read it need to read
> it?????

>           /ken

> > Obviously people have now noticed that there was a problem with the
> > Softvelocity newserver.  This appears to now have been sorted out,
however
> > some newsreaders will still have problems reading new messages until
they
> > are reset.  There are two ways to do this:-



Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:24:22 GMT  
 How to reset the Newsgroups in news.softvelocity.com
Hey Simon:

OE doesn't have the reset option.  Got any other suggestions?

Bob


Quote:
> Obviously people have now noticed that there was a problem with the
> Softvelocity newserver.  This appears to now have been sorted out, however
> some newsreaders will still have problems reading new messages until they
> are reset.  There are two ways to do this:-

> Using MS Outlook

> Right mouse click on the newsgroup and select Properties.
> On the 'Local File' tab, click on the reset button.  This will remove all
> messages.
> When you next go to that group, it then will work ok.

> The alternative is to unsubscribe to each newsgroup and then re-subscribe
> again.  I've not tried this method but Russ mentioned it in a post
> elsewhere.

> HTH

> Cheers
> Simon Burrows
> *** NEW *** Screen Redesigner templates - Let your customers change your
> screen layouts to suit their needs at runtime.
> Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
> application
> Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates
> Free template sets
> http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk



Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:00:41 GMT  
 How to reset the Newsgroups in news.softvelocity.com
Hi Bob

I'm using OE and it does on mine.  Try unsubscribe from the newsgroup and
then resubscribing.  That should work.

Cheers
Simon Burrows
*** NEW *** Screen Redesigner templates - Let your customers change your
screen layouts to suit their needs at runtime.
Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your Clarion
application
Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates
Free template sets
http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk


Quote:
> Hey Simon:

> OE doesn't have the reset option.  Got any other suggestions?

> Bob



> > Obviously people have now noticed that there was a problem with the
> > Softvelocity newserver.  This appears to now have been sorted out,
however
> > some newsreaders will still have problems reading new messages until
they
> > are reset.  There are two ways to do this:-

> > Using MS Outlook

> > Right mouse click on the newsgroup and select Properties.
> > On the 'Local File' tab, click on the reset button.  This will remove
all
> > messages.
> > When you next go to that group, it then will work ok.

> > The alternative is to unsubscribe to each newsgroup and then
re-subscribe
> > again.  I've not tried this method but Russ mentioned it in a post
> > elsewhere.

> > HTH

> > Cheers
> > Simon Burrows
> > *** NEW *** Screen Redesigner templates - Let your customers change your
> > screen layouts to suit their needs at runtime.
> > Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at runtime in your
Clarion
> > application
> > Home of the Clarion List & Label Templates
> > Free template sets
> > http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk



Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:09:23 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Can't Find Newsgroup news.softvelocity.com

2. News Server = news.softvelocity.com

3. news.softvelocity.com down

4. news.softvelocity.com back up

5. news.softvelocity.com newsserver - license key expired - again!

6. News.softvelocity.com down *again*???

7. news.softvelocity.com not updated ???

8. News.softvelocity.com down?

9. news.softvelocity.com

10. How I can connect to news.softvelocity.com ?

11. CANNOT POST TO news.SoftVelocity.com

12. Virus W32.Sobig.C@mm from 3be15be7@news.softvelocity.com

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software