Slow down utility ???
Author Message
 Slow down utility ???

Does anyone know of a utility that will let me slow my machine down in order
to simulate different speeds of machines.
What looks fast and effecient on a P4 machine may not look so good on an
older 350mhz machine.
I know there use to be utilities that could do this for games as the
machines got faster.
Is there something like that now a days that I could use?

Thanks - Ed Campbell

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:53:15 GMT
 Slow down utility ???
I think you could get a machine in working order that is an old slow one for
just a couple of bucks,  I can get em for $50 all day long and that's
expensive.

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a utility that will let me slow my machine down in
order
> to simulate different speeds of machines.
> What looks fast and effecient on a P4 machine may not look so good on an
> older 350mhz machine.
> I know there use to be utilities that could do this for games as the
> machines got faster.
> Is there something like that now a days that I could use?

> Thanks - Ed Campbell

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:04:57 GMT
 Slow down utility ???
Ed,

I used a program called cpu killer a long time ago.  Also take look at
www.tweakxp.com   I think I saw a reference to this.

: Does anyone know of a utility that will let me slow my machine down in
order
: to simulate different speeds of machines.
: What looks fast and effecient on a P4 machine may not look so good on an
: older 350mhz machine.
: I know there use to be utilities that could do this for games as the
: machines got faster.
: Is there something like that now a days that I could use?
:
: Thanks - Ed Campbell
:
:

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:22:57 GMT
 Slow down utility ???

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a utility that will let me slow my machine down in
order
> to simulate different speeds of machines.
> What looks fast and effecient on a P4 machine may not look so good on an
> older 350mhz machine.
> I know there use to be utilities that could do this for games as the
> machines got faster.
> Is there something like that now a days that I could use?

> Thanks - Ed Campbell

There's one called slowdown.com which is pretty good. However, it's older
than what you appear to need. That is, it may not work as well slowing a P4
to a P2 as it did slowing 386's. I won't post it here but I will email it if
you like. The zip is 10KB (mostly text doc).

Philip

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:03:03 GMT
 Slow down utility ???
Ed,
Take a look at SLOWDOWN at http://members.aol.com/bretjohn where I
noticed that he has upgraded to version 3.10 in 2002. I have
successfully used an older version.
-- Regards, Roger Due

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:55:38 GMT
 Slow down utility ???
Found this tip.

http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=1022

: Ed,
:
: I used a program called cpu killer a long time ago.  Also take look at
: www.tweakxp.com   I think I saw a reference to this.
:
:

: : Does anyone know of a utility that will let me slow my machine down in
: order
: : to simulate different speeds of machines.
: : What looks fast and effecient on a P4 machine may not look so good on an
: : older 350mhz machine.
: : I know there use to be utilities that could do this for games as the
: : machines got faster.
: : Is there something like that now a days that I could use?
: :
: : Thanks - Ed Campbell
: :
: :
:
:

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:09:17 GMT
 Slow down utility ???
Thanks Don, this looks perfect.

Quote:
> Found this tip.

> http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=1022

> : Ed,
> :
> : I used a program called cpu killer a long time ago.  Also take look at
> : www.tweakxp.com   I think I saw a reference to this.
> :
> :

> : : Does anyone know of a utility that will let me slow my machine down in
> : order
> : : to simulate different speeds of machines.
> : : What looks fast and effecient on a P4 machine may not look so good on
an
> : : older 350mhz machine.
> : : I know there use to be utilities that could do this for games as the
> : : machines got faster.
> : : Is there something like that now a days that I could use?
> : :
> : : Thanks - Ed Campbell
> : :
> : :
> :
> :

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:12:46 GMT

1. vw2.5 sometimes slows down when large

2. MTIMER slows PB down

3. global floating windows slow down graphics?

4. Super security slows down

5. Topspeed DB - Record Filter slow down ?!?

6. Slowing down/freezing until user interrupt & proceed

7. Bizzare slowing down in forms ...

8. Report process slow down when...

9. program slows down

10. Citrix time() slow down.

11. program slows down

12. Record Filter slows down Browse Window ???