Import MSAccess into Clarion5
Author Message
 Import MSAccess into Clarion5

Newbie, have eval Clarion5 cd. How can I import access97 db into Clarion.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import MSAccess into Clarion5
Use the ODBC driver.
Step1: Import file definition (hint: very easy; takes one minute) into
Dictionary.
Step2: Write the conversion program (hint: easy; takes 2 minutes) while
browsing Access file.
Send me a message if you still have a problem.

Bob.

Quote:

> Newbie, have eval Clarion5 cd. How can I import access97 db into Clarion.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import MSAccess into Clarion5
Thanks for the response
I've got table, quieries, reports, forms and modules in access. How much of
this can I import into clarion. What tutorial would info to write the
conversion program be in?

Quote:
> Use the ODBC driver.
> Step1: Import file definition (hint: very easy; takes one minute) into
> Dictionary.
> Step2: Write the conversion program (hint: easy; takes 2 minutes) while
> browsing Access file.
> Send me a message if you still have a problem.

> Bob.

> > Newbie, have eval Clarion5 cd. How can I import access97 db into
Clarion.

Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Import MSAccess into Clarion5
Go to ftp://ftp.icetips.com/incoming/
and get the Access97ODBC2.ZIP and Access97ODBC2.TXT files.  They contain a
working Clarion4 Legacy application that runs against a supplied Access97
database using ODBC.
Included is the .app and .dct, plus instructions on setting up 32-bit ODBC
datasources, and the 16-bit ODBC administrator that the Clarion IDE needs to
permit you to import and browse data files.

    Tim

P.S. I've been hearing that things have been moved on the FTP site.  I know I
can't get into it at this time.  If you can't get in or can't find these files,
send me an e-mail off-forum and I will send the files to you.

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Import a MsAccess structure (ODBC) in Clarion 2.003

2. import Image vs from PIL import Image vs import PIL.Image

3. MSAccess & StORE

4. MSAccess with ODBC

5. MSAccess ODBC Delete Problem

6. Accessing .TPS files using MSAccess

7. dumb question - MSAccess and ODBC

8. MSAccess

9. Converting Clarion data to MSAccess format

10. MSaccess and odbc

11. Expot to MSACCESS!

12. Access MSAccess.