CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)
Author Message
 CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

The trophy for the fastest answer goes to Marius Roeksund!

Quote:
>  I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but with CW2.001.01 I still get "Not Valid
>  Inside Structure"

No need to be sorry - a negative answer is still *much* better than no
answer at all <g>.

OK, directly putting QUEUEs into QUEUEs doesn't work.

Having a devious mind, I'm beginning to think about CLASSes. Does anybody
know wether it is possible to put a queue into a class, and objects into a
QUEUE?
(Sorry I can't give source code for that. I don't know the CLASS syntax in
CW - I'm still struggling to convince my employer to buy CW 2.0 :(

TIA
-Joachim
Joachim Durchholz, +49(9132)82-3150, speaking for himself, not for INA.
KOA, INA Werk Schaeffler, Industriestr.1-3, D-91074 Herzogenaurach

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

Quote:
>Yes you can  I there is an example that shipped with 2.0 that does this.
>I have some code that I have where I do this as well, but it is being
>worked on so...

No problem - it's enough to know it is feasible and done.

Found another reason in favor of upgrading - maybe I can finally persuade my
employer to upgrade <ebg>

Regards
-Joachim
Joachim Durchholz, +49(9132)82-3150, speaking for himself, not for INA.
KOA, INA Werk Schaeffler, Industriestr.1-3, D-91074 Herzogenaurach

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

Quote:

>The trophy for the fastest answer goes to Marius Roeksund!
>>  I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but with CW2.001.01 I still get "Not Valid
>>  Inside Structure"
>No need to be sorry - a negative answer is still *much* better than no
>answer at all <g>.
>OK, directly putting QUEUEs into QUEUEs doesn't work.
>Having a devious mind, I'm beginning to think about CLASSes. Does anybody
>know wether it is possible to put a queue into a class, and objects into a
>QUEUE?
>(Sorry I can't give source code for that. I don't know the CLASS syntax in
>CW - I'm still struggling to convince my employer to buy CW 2.0 :(

Yes it can be done with reference variables for example define the
queue as

QueueName,Queue,TYPE
  Field1    SHORT
  Field2    SHORT
END

TestClass  CLASS,TYPE
Control      &QueueName
END

HTH's

Mike Gould

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

Hello!

Date:  1 Oct 1996 19:08:20 -0300

Quote:
> OK, directly putting QUEUEs into QUEUEs doesn't work.

> Having a devious mind, I'm beginning to think about CLASSes. Does anybody
> know wether it is possible to put a queue into a class, and objects into a
> QUEUE?

You can't declare QUEUE inside any compound data object including
CLASSes in CW 2.0. It's because, really, the compiler generates 3
objects for every QUEUE but not a buffer only.

In CW 2.0 you can declare CLASS's member of "reference to QUEUE" type
(in this case it can reference a queue of any structure but you can't
access specific queue's field) or of "reference to named QUEUE" type.
In the last case you have full access to queue's fields.

Alexey Solovjev

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

Joachim,

Quote:
> OK, directly putting QUEUEs into QUEUEs doesn't work.

> Having a devious mind, I'm beginning to think about CLASSes. Does anybody
> know wether it is possible to put a queue into a class, and objects into
> QUEUE?
> (Sorry I can't give source code for that. I don't know the CLASS syntax
in
> CW - I'm still struggling to convince my employer to buy CW 2.0 :(

As Mike said, you can't put a QUEUE inside a CLASS, but have to use a
reference variable instead. You do not necessarily need a CLASS to do this.
(See my reply in the other thread.)

Steve

--
Steven C. Gallafent
The Computer Guy

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gallafent

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to make a queue of queue's

2. Clarification of Queue Operation / Behavior when using multiple Queues

3. Queue in Queue?!

4. Queue of Queues problem.

5. QUEUE in QUEUE

6. QUEUE inside GROUP/QUEUE

7. Queue.Queue examples?

8. Howto wait for multiple queues (Queue.py)?

9. OOP question: how to call a method from a specific record of a QUEUE with CLASSes

10. What is: Syntax Error: Type not QUEUE or CLASS

11. Queue of Classes

12. QUEUE of CLASSes QUESTION