Printing CW Reports to file for Word
Author Message
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word

What is the best way to get report information into Word? Is there a good
template for this available?  Thanks

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:47:21 GMT
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word

says...

Quote:
> What is the best way to get report information into Word? Is there a good
> template for this available?  Thanks

Well, definitely one option is:

Product Description - ARCO Word Reporter, MFG - ARCO Software AG
Internet Link - http://www.arcosoftware.com/devtools/devtools.html

David
--
From Encourager Software - David Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:17:45 GMT
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word
hi there,

If you do not want to buy a third party tool, you can consider the following
1 - OLE to Word (see mails on this NG and Jim Kane's article)
2 - Send the informations to a file (e.g. dBase) and open a blanc word
document with some macros to read the file

I do use the second option a lot for 2 reasons:
1 - creating a dBase file on the fly is very fast under Clarion
2 - the customer may change the layout according to his/her needs and
feeling.

Didier

Quote:
> What is the best way to get report information into Word? Is there a good
> template for this available?  Thanks

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:30:35 GMT
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word
Thanks David, I'll check it out. I hope it's not too hard to use?

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:56:11 GMT
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word

says...

Quote:
> Thanks David, I'll check it out. I hope it's not too hard to use?

I believe Mark Riffey of Granite Bear Development

http://www.granitebear.com

is a admirer of ARCO, you might want to ask for his insight into the
complexities of using it.

BTW, there is now a freeware version available - Version 1
Commercial version is now V3

Product Description - ARCO Word Reporter V1 - Freeware,
MFG - ARCO Software AG
Internet Link - http://www.arcosoftware.com/devtools/AWR1Free.html

David
--
From Encourager Software - David Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:33:45 GMT
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word
I found this product Fomin Report Builder
at http://members.xoom.com/fominrb/wp.htm
that looks pretty good.  It's $49 available at
http://www.clarionshop.com/accessories.htm.  I wonder if anyone has experience
using it?

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:34:29 GMT
 Printing CW Reports to file for Word
Wrong.

They have a  Word prewiev for that price.  VERY good.
The reports are sent to word, where you can save them, emial them etc.
Installed in 2 min.

The complete package Fomin Report Builder $199 ??

Torben

Quote:
>I found this product Fomin Report Builder
>at http://members.xoom.com/fominrb/wp.htm
>that looks pretty good.  It's $49 available at
>http://www.clarionshop.com/accessories.htm.  I wonder if anyone has experience
>using it?

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:46:33 GMT

1. Printing Word/Excel from a CW app

2. Printing Report Writer report to a file?

3. Print Word Doc on a report?

4. Print Report with MS Word for Windows

5. Printing a report ot word, Excel

6. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

7. Printing Report to MS Word Document

8. Print Page x of x on CW 2.003 Report

9. Epson LX-800 print problem with CW Report Writer

10. Print Report to Specific Printer in CW

11. printing reports with CW

12. Windows Print dialog with CW reports