Data validation and EIP
Author Message
 Data validation and EIP

Hi,
I have a browse where I use EIP to enter data. I need to check the
values that is entered on Insert/Change. How can I do this? The
documentation on the EIPManager does not help me much, so I thought i
would give it a try here.

I'm using C5PEb and ABC templates.

Roar Rasmussen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data validation and EIP
Clarion has the tool for it but you have to do it using embedded code.
First, press the Configure Edit in Place button (in Extensions), press the
Column Specific button, insert the fields you want to check. So, you have
created EditEntryClass for each field: EditInPlace::YourField
CLASS(EditEntryClass). Now, go to embedded editor and customize the methods:
CreateControl, Init, Kill, SetAlerts, SetReadOnly, TakeEvent.

P.S. There are 3th-party Extensions for this stuff. They are more robust,
more convenient and not so expensive. By example, look at
http://www.boxsoftdevelopment.com/

Vladimir.
-------------------

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a browse where I use EIP to enter data. I need to check the
> values that is entered on Insert/Change. How can I do this? The
> documentation on the EIPManager does not help me much, so I thought i
> would give it a try here.

> I'm using C5PEb and ABC templates.

> Roar Rasmussen

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EIP Row Validation

2. EIP Validation

3. EIP Input Validation...

4. Help with EIP validation, Please.

5. EIP column validation.

6. EIP Validation Again

7. data validation and data format

8. data validation and data format

9. EIP - Form / EIP access control.

10. #losingFocus callback for data validation (again)

11. Validation of Data within the same file being changed

12. CPD2.1 table driven data validation