Urgent help needed about Clarion 4
Author Message
 Urgent help needed about Clarion 4

Hello Fellow Programmers:

I really feel stupid asking questions but I cant seem to get what I need
out of the clarion books or the examples provided.  I am working in Clarion
4 and I cant figure out how to make a data set of levels advance by 1 (for
example: level 6 for 1998 will become level 7 for 1999) and then when the
level reaches 8 for the year 2000 it will be deleted).  Question 2: How can
I repetitively enter data in the update window without it asking you if you
want to add another record everytime, I just want to loop back around to the
top again?.  Question 3: How can I avoid typing repeated information across
files?

If anyone can help me with any of these questions, I would really appreciate
it.

Anthony

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent help needed about Clarion 4
Quote:

>I really feel stupid asking questions but I cant seem to get what I need
>out of the clarion books or the examples provided.  I am working in Clarion
>4 and I cant figure out how to make a data set of levels advance by 1 (for
>example: level 6 for 1998 will become level 7 for 1999) and then when the
>level reaches 8 for the year 2000 it will be deleted).

This one I'm not sure about. When do you want these things to advance? It's
easy enough to write a process to increase the value of a variable by one
and put it back to file or to delete the record if it is a certain value.
Very easy. What else is involved?

Question 2: How can

Quote:
>I repetitively enter data in the update window without it asking you if you
>want to add another record everytime, I just want to loop back around to
the
>top again?.

So I guess you have the "Insert another record" after successful insert box
selected. Do you also have the box checked "Ask the user before adding
another record?"

Question 3: How can I avoid typing repeated information across

Quote:
>files?

Normalize your database?

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent help needed about Clarion 4
Tony,

Quote:
> 4 and I cant figure out how to make a data set of levels advance by 1 (for

Would a Process procedure do the trick?

Quote:
> Question 2: How can I repetitively enter data in the update window without
> it asking you if you want to add another record everytime, I just want
> to loop back around to the top again?.

Procedure Properties / Messages and Titles / After successfull insert: Insert
another record.

Quote:
> Question 3: How can I avoid typing repeated information across files?

Normalize your database.

HTH

Arie Rens (Advantage Software BV)
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
http://www.advantages.nl
TopSpeed Distributor for the Benelux

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

2. Clarion for Dos and Celeron Processor - URGENT HELP NEEDED

3. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

4. Help needed converting 2.1 for DOS files - Clarion Expert needed

5. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

6. urgent! need help with database bindings

7. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

8. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

9. urgent help needed

10. Help needed... URGENT

11. *URGENT* Help need with data export

12. Urgent-Need help with batch update