Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands
Author Message
 Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands

I am programming a report with 2 different detail bands, namely
'detail1' and 'detail2'.
I feel quite comfortable writing hand-coded source, visually helped by
the Report Formatter contained in the Clarion Development Environment.
I can easily control the printing of either band with PRINT( detail1 )
or PRINT ( detail2 ).

Now, my problem is that the report must be modifiable by my end users.
So, I can't use the report formatter from the Clarion Development
Environment, but understand that need Clarion Report Writer to create
a .TXR file, then call it from my program through  the C5PRLIBX.DLL
using the ReportEngine methods.

Am I on the right way? And if so, which method of the ReportEngine
class is equivalent to PRINT(detail1)?

Help will be greatly appreciated,

                                Mario

Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands
Hi again,
I have tried a demo of Allerup Report Designer, and it seems to be
exactly what I need. Any opinions on this program?
Mario

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands
Hi Mario,

Quote:

>Hi again,
>I have tried a demo of Allerup Report Designer, and it seems to be
>exactly what I need. Any opinions on this program?

Not in a good position to offer opinions<g>  Just note that our RD
does _only_ change the report structure.  Users can _not_ change
anything in regards to what fields are available (that's up to you),
what bands are available (that's also up to you) or sorting
order/filtering etc. (that's up to you and the report;)  Also note
that we have _not_ tested it with the C5A release, and I suspect we
will have to recompile it for C5A.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands
Arnor:
Many thanks for your quick response and your sincerity. Let me explain
exactly what I need and what I don't:
1) I want to program a hand-coded project that will include a lot of
reports. All the functionallity of the reports will be programmed
entirely by me.
2) To some of those programmed reports, I need to let my end users
modify only the following things:
- Choose if certain bands will be printed or simply ignored.
- Choose if certain fields will be printed or not.
- Change the appearance of some fields: the relative position inside
their bands, the size, font, color, and mask pattern.
3) My end users must not be able to add any  field or band not
programmed by me in the original report. Neither modify the sort or
filtering order.
4) I will use Clarion 5 Professional Edition. Or it is mandatory to
have the Enterprise Edition?

With the above information, can you tell me if Allerup Report Designer
will be suited for me?

Best  regards,

                Mario Ulanovsky
                          SYGRAMA SOFTWARE

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands
Hi Mario,

Quote:

>1) I want to program a hand-coded project that will include a lot of
>reports. All the functionallity of the reports will be programmed
>entirely by me.
>With the above information, can you tell me if Allerup Report Designer
>will be suited for me?

It should, except that it uses templates, but then again, if you are
handcoding it all, it should be fairly easy to figure out the code
that you need to add to your global module and report modules to make
it work.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands
Arnor:

Thanks again. Now I am testing Clarion Eval Edition and if I adopt it,
surely I will buy Allerup Report Designer too.

                                Mario

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. multiple detail band in report writer

2. Report Writer 2: Problem with Multiple Detail Bands

3. Multiple detail bands in report question

4. HURRY - CW4 external Report Writer (TXR) and 2 detail on 1 report

5. Multiple Detail Bands

6. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

7. Report with 2 Detail bands

8. Report-Detail Band

9. Report - Detail Band

10. Detail band vs Form band

11. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

12. Enabling detail band of report