convert DAT-files to DBase-files
Author Message
 convert DAT-files to DBase-files

I wonder if some of you can give me a tip to solve a little problem.

We've an old -now unsupported- Clarionapp (build with Clarion-DOS-version
2.1).
For some purposes we convert some of the DAT-files to Dbase-files.

We use the utility CCVT.EXE to do this job for us. Works fine too.

Now we're thinking about scheduling the conversion-activities at night.
Does anyone have a tip for the exact DOS-command-line to use CCVT.EXE
unattended? I.e. which syntax to use for the conversion of Clarion-file
ABC.DAT to the Dbase-file ABC.DBF?

Or is there an alternative way (other programm)?

Thanks.

Sjef Vijgenboom
Netherlands

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:08:51 GMT
 convert DAT-files to DBase-files

Quote:
>Now we're thinking about scheduling the conversion-activities at night.
>Does anyone have a tip for the exact DOS-command-line to use CCVT.EXE
>unattended? I.e. which syntax to use for the conversion of Clarion-file
>ABC.DAT to the Dbase-file ABC.DBF?

>Or is there an alternative way (other programm)?

>Thanks.

>Sjef Vijgenboom
>Netherlands

Hi!

You can use following options for the CCVT from command line:

T - Input Type (ie. T = dBase)
I - input file name
O - Output Type (ie. O = Clarion, or O =  dBaseIII, or DIF, or BASIC)
F - output file name
S - Source File
P - owner ID (password)

If your input type is not Clarion then output type is set to Clarion
automatically.

HTH

Miroslav

PS. Everything is from CPD 2.1 Utilities Guide (pages 3-11 and 3-12)

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
*** Miroslav Benak

*** Clarion Paranoid Home
*** www.open.hr/~mbenak
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:37:29 GMT

1. need to convert a DAT file on cobol a DBF file on dbase

2. convert Cobol - .dat file to dbase ?

3. CCVT programs to convert .bas file to a .dat file

4. Converting dBase III to dBase IV files ?

5. Converting quickbasic2 .dat file to ascii format

6. Converting .DAT's to text files using CCVT

7. conversion utility to convert DOS clarion .dat file to .dbf

8. How to convert simple .DAT files to .DBF format

9. Convert Clarion .dat files to .dbf

10. Converting .DAT file to DBF

11. Converting Clarion dat files to MSsql

12. Convert TPS to DAT file format for Betrieve