Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it
Author Message
 Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it

If I have to close my IDE and reopen it with no changes in between Iwhen I
go to compile it will rewrite all teh CLW files. even if I had just compiled
prior to closing.  I am using 5.5G and this did not used to happen but just
started one day.  It is now occuring on another workstation as well.  any
Ideas why it would do this?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 03:53:21 GMT
 Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it
Under Application Options, Generation: Do you chave conditional Generation
unchecked?

Quote:
> If I have to close my IDE and reopen it with no changes in between Iwhen I
> go to compile it will rewrite all teh CLW files. even if I had just
compiled
> prior to closing.  I am using 5.5G and this did not used to happen but
just
> started one day.  It is now occuring on another workstation as well.  any
> Ideas why it would do this?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 04:00:53 GMT
 Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it
Conditional Generaion IS checked. Which should it be?

Quote:

> Under Application Options, Generation: Do you chave conditional Generation
> unchecked?

> > If I have to close my IDE and reopen it with no changes in between Iwhen
> > go to compile it will rewrite all teh CLW files. even if I had just
> compiled
> > prior to closing.  I am using 5.5G and this did not used to happen but
> just
> > started one day.  It is now occuring on another workstation as well.
any
> > Ideas why it would do this?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 04:44:38 GMT
 Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it
John,

I have this in an app with many global extentions,
with the same priority. The generator then generates
them in a different order each time.
In my case it was the CPCS global code that I saw
'jumping' up and down in my MAP of the main-clw.

Note: I am not blaming CPCS for this. It's just his code
that 'jumps'. It's the generator that determins which code
to generate first and, with the same priority, it decides
differently each time you open the IDE and this app.

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"My software never has bugs.
  It just develops random features."

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:39:00 GMT
 Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it
It should be checked.
From help:
    Conditional Generation This check box specifies that only source code
modules changed since the last make should be compiled.

Quote:
> Conditional Generaion IS checked. Which should it be?

> > Under Application Options, Generation: Do you chave conditional
Generation
> > unchecked?

> > > If I have to close my IDE and reopen it with no changes in between
Iwhen
> > > go to compile it will rewrite all teh CLW files. even if I had just
> > compiled
> > > prior to closing.  I am using 5.5G and this did not used to happen but
> > just
> > > started one day.  It is now occuring on another workstation as well.
> any
> > > Ideas why it would do this?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:09:49 GMT

1. GPF in Clarion every time i do this

2. Keycodes.clw and Equates.clw

3. WinAPI.CLW (WinEQU.CLW) Bug on WORD EQUATE (SIGNED)

4. Run time error re: loading binary files in F77

5. Substituting :: for __ in every htm file, and rename htlml file

6. Rewriting data using REWRITE ?

8. Strange link error every 2. time

9. Processing every time a record is read.

10. Date & Time Stamps on OPEN Clarion Files

11. How do I acquire 1 image every time an external trigger fires

12. execute code every set time