How do I reference radio buttons?
Author Message
 How do I reference radio buttons?

Hey everybody!

I am using C5a and am having a problem referencing radio buttons.  The
radio buttons are inside their Options box.

The Options Box properties shows GLO:COMPANY, String(1)).  The choices
are "L" and "A".  The choices are specified in the "Must be in List.".
When the buttons are on the screen and I check their properties, I see
GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1 and GLO:COMPANY:RADIO2.

How do I reference them and check them for entry?
By GLO:COMPANY or GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1/RADIO2?

I also need to initialize them to a default when the screen appears.
Where would this be done?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Dave Lambert
LifeUSA

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I reference radio buttons?

Hi Dave,

Quote:

> Hey everybody!

> I am using C5a and am having a problem referencing radio buttons.  The
> radio buttons are inside their Options box.

> The Options Box properties shows GLO:COMPANY, String(1)).  The choices
> are "L" and "A".  The choices are specified in the "Must be in List.".
> When the buttons are on the screen and I check their properties, I see
> GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1 and GLO:COMPANY:RADIO2.

> How do I reference them and check them for entry?
> By GLO:COMPANY or GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1/RADIO2?

By Glo:Company

Quote:

> I also need to initialize them to a default when the screen appears.
> Where would this be done?

After window open embed

Glo:Company = 'L' or something like that

Quote:

> Thanks in advance for all of your help!

> Dave Lambert
> LifeUSA

Regards

Tony York

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I reference radio buttons?
Quote:

> I am using C5a and am having a problem referencing radio buttons.  The
> radio buttons are inside their Options box.

You dont reference radio buttons just the use variable of the option
box. If you set the use var for the option box to 'L' then the radio
button with that value is chosen. When a new radio button is clicked the
option control posts event:accepted not the radio buttons.  Better to
just forget about the radio buttons themselves and focus on the option
box use variable.
-----------------------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I reference radio buttons?
Hi Dave,

Quote:
> I am using C5a and am having a problem referencing radio buttons.  The
> radio buttons are inside their Options box.

> The Options Box properties shows GLO:COMPANY, String(1)).  The choices
> are "L" and "A".  The choices are specified in the "Must be in List.".
> When the buttons are on the screen and I check their properties, I see
> GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1 and GLO:COMPANY:RADIO2.

> How do I reference them and check them for entry?
> By GLO:COMPANY or GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1/RADIO2?

> I also need to initialize them to a default when the screen appears.
> Where would this be done?

    Reference by ?GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1 and ?GLO:COMPANY:RADIO1
To initialize them you can
    1. Assign proper value to GLO:COMPANY var
    2. See help to PROP:ChoiceFeq

Regards,

Anton Novikov

ICQ #50995986

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Radio Buttons & Change Button

2. This Radio Button Isn't Like Those Radio Button in other Language!

3. Radio Buttons

4. radio button's

5. Radio button state...

6. Silly radio button problem

7. More about radio buttons and labels in VW

8. Radio Buttons

9. radio canvas/image buttons?

10. radio buttons

11. Filtering browse w/radio buttons