API to return folder name
Author Message
 API to return folder name

Hi all

        Wanted to know if anyone could tell me what API or what other
method i can use to return just the folder in a file dialog. In other
words I want the user to click on a button and get a dialog similar to
the file dialog, but only list folder and return the folder selected
by the clients.

Thanks

Pedro L Diaz
Intellisoft, Inc.

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 API to return folder name
Hi

Look at the DIRECTORY command in the help file (cw2.003)  Its got everything
u need.

Ben

Quote:

>Hi all

> Wanted to know if anyone could tell me what API or what other
>method i can use to return just the folder in a file dialog. In other
>words I want the user to click on a button and get a dialog similar to
>the file dialog, but only list folder and return the folder selected
>by the clients.

>Thanks

>Pedro L Diaz
>Intellisoft, Inc.

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 API to return folder name
Hi Pedro,

If you go to the Icetips Knowledgebase (www.icetips.com), search on
"directory list in 32-bit".  The Win32 API for a standard Win32 directory
dialog box is there.  This, of course, would only be applicable to a 32-bit
program.  For 16-bit, I do believe Icetips can help you with that also.

HTH,

Chris Rybitski

Quote:
>    Wanted to know if anyone could tell me what API or what other
> method i can use to return just the folder in a file dialog. In other
> words I want the user to click on a button and get a dialog similar to
> the file dialog, but only list folder and return the folder selected
> by the clients.

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 API to return folder name
Hi Pedro,

If it is a dialog box you need which only contains the folders and you want
the user to select a folder, you can use the Clarion FileDialog function
with a last variable set to, I think 100000b. I think this opens the
FilDialog window allowing only folder changes and selection. Look at the
Clarion help file for the types of bit settings and examples.

Hope it Helps,

Dirk Broodryk

Quote:
> Hi all

>    Wanted to know if anyone could tell me what API or what other
> method i can use to return just the folder in a file dialog. In other
> words I want the user to click on a button and get a dialog similar to
> the file dialog, but only list folder and return the folder selected
> by the clients.

> Thanks

> Pedro L Diaz
> Intellisoft, Inc.

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. WIN API to create folder on C: drive

2. WIN API to copy all files form A: drive to C:\FOLDER

3. WIN API to copy file from A: drive to C:\Folder

4. web folder api ?

5. AppleDylan names of folders?

6. Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1

7. Dir.glob and space in folders names

8. New Folder with Random Bird Names

9. Folder with no name?

10. Folder with no name?

11. Hierarchial ListBoxes -- expanded folder inside a folder?

12. creating folders and sub folders